Sr. Developer- Informatica & Database
ETL & Database developer is responsible for development, maintenance & support of applications for the Client Reporting BAU team within the Asset Management Technology domain. He/She should be able to collaborate with technology cross-commits and business teams to understand requirements and recommend right and scalable solution, lead the development & implementation by adhering to required quality standards. He/She should be able to manage and prioritize work requests for enhancements setting accurate expectations with technology and business partners to implement the change at mutually agreed upon milestones and timelines. Must be a self-starter, think outside the box and enjoy coming up with innovative solutions to solve business and technology issues. He/She should keep themselves updated on the rapid technological advances and advise leadership how these advances can be leveraged to improve efficiency and enable new functionality.
If you are driven to succeed and prepared to meet the ever-changing needs of our industry, then you are ready for a career at Ameriprise. Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of evolving industry trends, practices, techniques and standards;
- Manage delivery, priority and distribution of responsibilities to employee and vendor developers;
- Design and code to meet business specifications;
- Collaborate with cross-commit teams for implementation of deliverables in all environments;
- Prioritize and manage work requests for changes and enhancements based on business requirements;
- Development of code and design to meet evolving needs while adhering to policy and standards.
- Conduct and participate in ETL Code and design Reviews;
- Manage test plan & risks through development phases to implementation, ensure zero defects are introduced into the production environment;
- Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated;
- Monitor and support the production environment applications to ensure optimum stability and performance. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in systems analysis, design and an expert understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- 5-7 years of development experience with Informatica Power Center on Data Integration projects.
- Strong experience on Database development.
- Hands-on experience with UNIX shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of AWS & Python.
- Familiarity with Java.
- Participate in testing and issue resolution to validate functionality and performance.
- Advanced skills in XML handling.
- Hands-on experience on a job scheduling tool - preferably with TWS.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with US Clients and Business partners.
- Experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry (preferably in Asset Management).
- Experience with writing use cases and test cases.
- Experience working with MS Visio, Bit bucket and GIT.
- Familiarity with any Reporting tool like Tableau/QlikView/Business Objects or Cognos.