Sr. Performance Engineer
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Performance Testing & Artifacts ~~ Solution Design & Deployment ~~ Problem Resolution & Planning ~~Project Management ~~Processes, Standards & Best Practices ~~ Leadership & Partnerships ~~ Continuous Learning
• Drive extensive load, scalability, stability, and stress tests utilizing industry standard benchmarks, tools, and custom developed frameworks. Create performance artifacts including deployment information, performance test data, scripts, scenarios, models, forecasts, results and tools. Gather, analyze, disseminate and communicate data (requirements, baselines, benchmarks, models,etc.) to stakeholders. Model and simulate user experience and predict technology performance in the architecture. Responsibilities
Recommend, deploy and document performance solutions for complex software/hardware/network engineering installations and issues, based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies. Independently identify and recommend robust technology performance solutions utilizing pragmatic judgment, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation that comprehensively meet the needs of the business.
• Provide top tier technical support and suggest remediation strategies for performance and capacity related issues. Lead efforts to identify and triage bottlenecks, recommend and implement tuning activities, and optimize large scale inter-related systems performance issues. Proactively assist in the preparation of capacity plans to ensure system performance expectations are met/exceeded.
• Collaborate with team to ensure project scoping activities are aligned with architectural objectives. Collaborate with the architecture and governance groups in the strategic design process to identify performance improvement opportunities. Utilize performance data and metrics to effectively consult with stakeholders/teams on: technologies growth, to plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations, new implementations, identify and resolve efficiency issues, and to improve overall functionality.
• Champion and provide thought leadership in the continual refinement of performance processes, policies and best practices to ensure optimal availability of technologies. Promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes/tools. Responsible for the validation and adherence to defined standards. Ensure ongoing improvements align with standard service management principles (e.g. ITIL) and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methods.
• Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust performance solutions ensuring that service level commitments and project time lines are maintained. Provide technical expertise, direction and prioritization of work to team members ensuring successful project implementation and outstanding service delivery. Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members on a frequent basis.
• Continuously develop technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business. Effectively present the value proposition of business-appropriate emerging technologies to technology leadership. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• 5-7+ years of experience in performance engineering with proven success designing and re-designing to impact performance.
• Strong experience with JMeter, Gatling, and/or Load Runner/Performance Center
• Strong ability to analyze/interpret technical data.
• Ability to communicate and articulate clear and concise technical documents and presentations for sophisticated internal technical audiences.
• Proven thought leader with highly innovative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting and reasoning skills and the ability to quickly understand a complex operating environment.
• Proven ability to use profiling and monitoring tools to identify hotspots and bottlenecks.
- Scripting - Shell, Java Script, Perl, python
- OS: Linux, Aix and Window - administration
- App Server - Tomcat
- Tools - Selenium, LeanFT, HPUFT, LoadRunner
- Should have ability to learn new technologies.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to build relationship and collaborate with teams across organization Preferred Qualifications
Significant performance tuning experience with transaction processing applications using a relational database, workflow, web services, orchestration and messaging.
• Experience with performance testing of Java and .Net application stacks
• Experience with performance testing containerized applications and microservice architectures