Strategic Project Associate
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India Gurgaon Haryana IN
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
Risk and Quantitative Analysis’ (RQA) is BlackRock’s independent risk management function and is responsible for managing the firm’s fiduciary and enterprise risks. Within fiduciary risk, RQA’s investment risk team focuses on market, credit and liquidity risk in client accounts across Fixed Income, Equities, Multi Asset, Alternatives and ETF and Institutional Index (EII) accounts. The team’s responsibilities include risk measurement and analysis and advising portfolio management teams on portfolio construction, hedging, and other risk management techniques.
This individual will be part of RQA’s Fixed Income and Credit investment risk team focusing on liquidity risk. The individual will work with risk managers, financial engineers, traders and application developers to develop and support data used to measure liquidity, trading costs, market impact and capacity across fixed income markets.
The individual will focus on developing a team and tools to review and validate trading, security and risk data driving BlackRock’s liquidity models. Models are developed and maintained in a BlackRock’s data science infrastructure leveraging machine learning techniques to measure liquidity risk. The role will require hands-on programming (e.g., Scala, Python, and Java) and knowledge of data science technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark etc.) and data visualization solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
This individual will join a quantitative data team in investment risk that will work alongside financial modelling to develop and support the daily liquidity data and model environment, including:
- Validation of trading data, including normalization and transformation processes
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating performance
- Algorithmic quality control process to detect, escalate and fix data anomalies
- Collaborate with backend software engineers, ML experts and others
- Escalation of data issues to vendors, financial engineers and developers
- Development of functional and technical requirements for data and liquidity models
- Visualization tools to enable traders, risk managers and financial modelers to evaluate data and related risk measures.
Experience, Skills and Qualification:
Candidates should have experience or interest in tackling data-related finance issues, analytics and reporting. The candidate is required to have outstanding business, communication, presentation and leadership skills. An attention to detail, strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in fast paced environment are other important characteristics.
Representative skills include the following:
- 5+ years of proven and relevant experience in at least two of the following: Scala, Java, C++, Python, SQL or similar (Scala and Python preferred)
- Knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Knowledgeable about Agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Knowledgeable about Apache (Hadoop, Pig, Spark, Cassandra, Hbase, Storm, Kafka)
- Passionate about creating clean code and have a strong foundation in coding and building data pipelines
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms and distributed compute engines a plus.
- Knowledge of fixed income and credit instruments and markets a plus.
- Knowledge of market data tools such as Reuters, Bloomberg, IDC, etc. (desirable).
- Proven track record working on projects that include a significant technology delivery component
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible work schedule
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.