Tech Lead - Cloud Engineering
Provide Engineering leadership and direction to cloud team(s) of significant scope/impact (employees, contract personnel and vendor partners) dedicated to portfolio(s) of technical business applications and/or services, including: operational maintenance, production support, front-line management of incidents, development support, and proactive/preventative analysis and focused on development of a custom governance automation platform. Serve as technical point-person and cloud expert for issues, needs and projects activities and multiple areas of responsibility. Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and leadership to cloud team and technical leads
- Delegate and prioritize work to ensure effective execution of team/function deliverables
- Ensure knowledge transfer and cross-training of team to effectively support the business
Product Support Maintenance & Documentation
- Drive proliferation of existing technology investments and capabilities to enable business efficiencies
- Escalation point with vendors or users on current product capabilities and enhancement requests
- Work closely with Team leads to maintain Documentations, CMDB, maintenances, contacts and contracts
Implementation- Establish and manage goals, reporting needs, key performance indicators / early indicators and dashboards for measurement of operation success
- Ensure operational readiness thru effective handoff of technologies and services into production
- Develop and/or oversee development of configurations, monitoring procedures and break/fix documentation
- Provide insight into operational requirements / needs and funding conversations.
- Participate in the annual budget and project planning process.
- Review and approve vendor/supplier invoices, as applicable, to ensure services provided/business activity translates accurately to spend.
Maintain Skill-Set & Relationships
- Maintain a broad understanding of business, business needs, and how assigned technologies drive and support the business.
- Maintain strong relationship with key business partners driving technology consumption - understand their road-map and align technologies capabilities to achieve it
Work with finance and business management teams to manage overall operational finance plan for voice & contact center technologies.
- Manage all business as usual changes work requests through Service Catalog, critique volumes and trends on an ongoing basis. Respond to escalations and SLA misses Required Qualifications
Bachelors/Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, IT or equivalent technical degree.
8+ years of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
Demonstrated experience leading a team of Technical Engineers.
Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
At least 5 years of hands-on experience in AWS cloud with any programming language and Operating system.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to problem solve in the technology space and the ability to influence and optimize input from key stakeholders in the standard setting process
Proven ability to participate in, and contribute simultaneously to, multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow up across a diverse and virtual team About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.