About this role Global Investment Operations (GIO) is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. GIO establishes and coordinates operational processes and procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is
About this role
Global Investment Operations (GIO) is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. GIO establishes and coordinates operational processes and procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is responsible for handling BlackRock's broker-dealer and custodian bank relationships.
Corporate Actions forms part of Global Investment Operations at BlackRock. The global Corporate Actions team has primary operating locations in Edinburgh (UK), Wilmington, Delaware (US), Gurgaon (India) and Singapore. The team provides a best-in-class Corporate Action service through the application of governance and controls designed to mitigate risk to the Firm and our Clients. The team operates as a single global entity with a robust and mature “pass-the-book” model supporting effective and controlled management of workload across regions.
This role requires leadership and oversight for India Corporate Actions, governing our operational risk and driving key business strategies. You will be required to advocate the use of technology to craft innovative solutions to meet the challenges of a changing workplace.
- Lead a team of 7 professionals supporting multiple products, various business activities, and projects coordinated both functionally and regionally.
- Ensure that all corporate action events across markets and asset types (equities, fixed income, and derivatives) are accurately processed, reviewed and reconciled as necessary following our procedures.
- Maintain strict governance of procedures and controls including risk oversight and regular training.
- Monitor and investigate reconciliation discrepancies daily ensuring all exceptions are resolved and cleared at the earliest opportunity.
- Partner with global Corporate Action managers to identify best-practice in BlackRock's processes and drive consistency of process across locations.
- Call out all material risk items and service issues to senior management on a timely basis.
- Work closely with business partners including other Investment Operations teams to ensure we maintain efficient and effective workflow and a ‘One BlackRock’ approach to problem-solving.
- Spearhead discussions with key contacts at data providers, custodians, and prime brokers and maintain constructive relationships.
- Be an ambassador for change and drive scale through technology innovation and automation.
- Partner with regional/functional management to drive key business strategy across Corporate Actions.
- Maintain awareness of industry developments and how they impact BlackRock.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience working in a similar role with a proven track record of running operational processes, with specific understanding of risk and operating controls.
- Experience managing people; has compassion and willing to engage people on career discussions, taking time to coach, mentor and develop others.
- You should have a “Student of the Markets” attitude! Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the asset management business.
- Validated ability to work autonomously and build positive relationships with internal and external partners including data vendors and custodians.
- Practical knowledge of fixed income, equity, and derivative instruments.
- You must have the skills and ability to strive in an ambitious, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- The candidate will be part of a global leadership team and must have flexibility regarding work hours.
- A college/university degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Applicant must possess excellent interpersonal and social skills, agile critical thinking and a problem-solving attitude to enable effective interaction with partners.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with an aptitude for learning new applications. Python and SQL are advantageous.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.