State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.40 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,420 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com .
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,420 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here. We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristic. Purpose of the Job
The main function of the role is: Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units and external clients as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the fund's policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. Roles and Responsibilities
Additional Skill Sets:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a functional/oversight team by monitoring, reviewing and validating all daily activity to ensure accuracy and timeliness in calculations and processing, as well as adherence to controls, e.g. ensuring accurate g/l and/or balance for daily pricing
- Provide timely accurate management reporting and issue log maintenance, under moderate supervision
- Research and resolve exceptions and issues
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies with other Shared Service teams, external clients and Client Operations as needed
- Ensure all inquiries are resolved in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with client when necessary
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept
- Coordinate effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties and follows up on administrative details within the department
- Oversee the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- Assist with workflow management and technology enhancement, make suggestions to streamline operations
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Participate in projects as well as prepare and verify information for those various projects/special requests as directed
- Train, develop and motivate new staff and complete performance appraisals
- Provide staffing recommendations by interviewing new personnel
- Coordinate and supervise work efforts when multiple Associates are needed to complete work
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development
- Has accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering PPRs on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment
- Make effective recommendations for promotions, salary increases and bonuses.
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Perform duties of Associates if required, perform other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Process Skills Sets:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
Mandatory Soft & Technical Skill Sets:
- Fund Accounting
- Transaction Processing & Management
- Trade Life Cycle Management
- Choose an item.
- Transaction Processing & Management
Education & Experience Education Requirements:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.