AVP - Metrics-Product Offering
Job Profile BANGALORE Functional Job Title : Senior Associate - Assistant Vice President- Global Reporting Centre of Excellence Reports to : Global Lead Reporting CoE Department/ Division : Reporting CoE Basic Purpose of Job:
The Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (COE) engages with State Street stakeholders, providing innovative solutions to reporting requirements. The COE is based out of our India office and operates at a truly global level. Through ground-breaking technology tools, the COE team synthesize data and present results with appropriate business insight/context in writing and orally to senior management and global stakeholders.
The CoE Analyst role works with a number of State Street largest and most complex global clients and senior leadership, and acts as the key link of COE relationships with client leadership and State Street leadership team. It is a role which requires strong inter-personal skills, high levels of exceptional client communication and engagement, and a disruptive entrepreneurial spirit.
The Incumbent would be responsible to maintain and improve Financial and Sales Manual reporting as part of Reporting CoE using various tools, methodologies and oversee the business performance analysis including seasonality, response patterns, and variances between expected and actual results. Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- This person will collaborate with teams across the Product division to build a data driven foundation, enabling informed decision making for Product leadership.
- Partner with Global Services Product and PMO teams to produce leadership reporting illustrating performance of the Product division. Reports include:
Monthly Management Report
Quarterly Product Scorecard
Other ad hoc reporting requests
Produce reports timely per deadlines
- Collect and synthesize data from multiple sources to calculate metrics
- Identify patterns and trends to form insights and provide actionable summaries through the use of clear, insightful, and scalable visualizations Partner with Product leads and PMO teams to validate data and analysis
- Define and document data sourcing, synthesis and visualization processes
- Assess and recommend visualization tools to drive automation and enhance analytics
- Streamline data synthesis, minimizing manual processes and duplicative tasks
- Ensure alignment of metrics across Product, Service and Delivery divisions (consistent use of visualization tools, common data sources and agreed calculation methodology)
- Partner with Product Strategy to enhance visualization and metrics based on feedback and data availability
- Explore external and internal data sources
Recommend analytics and visuals to tell a story and better inform decision making Other Responsibilities:
Job Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Significant responsibilities across abroad group of clients, or functional team or highly technical SME for a function
- Accountable for ensuring the team(s) covering those clients or functional responsibility is structured in a way to ensure timely and accurate delivery of product
- Usually has Sr Officers and Officers reporting into them
- Will still have some product delivery review responsibilities
- Stakeholder engagement responsibilities
- Drives productivity across the team, ensuring all staff actively engage in improving their own productivity whilst improving accuracy
- Supports ensuring successful outcomes arise from any crisis situation
- Accountable for increasing the % of product that is delivered directly to the clients/function they are responsible for
- Accountable for ensuring all the process documents like SOPs, checklists, training documents and client specifics are documented updated and followed
- Accountable for ensuring resources are made available to ensure the success of any automation initiatives
- Accountability for staff turnover, diversity and staff engagement levels and on-time hiring within their team
- Engage and co-ordinate skip level meetings on a regular basis across your teams
- Accountable for ensuring budgets are not exceeded within their areas of responsibility
- Required to be timely in the provision of all KPI, MIS or other data as requested by Sr. Management. Due care for its accuracy is also required.
- For SME responsible for ensuring all technical training is delivered, responsible for errors arising from lack of technical knowledge within the team, responsible for ensuring changes to policy/standards is know in advance and managed appropriately, responsible for ensuring change initiatives are delivered on time on budget realizing the budgeted outcomes
- Will be an initiative owner helping FRFA drives its objectives across the group
- Analyze business requirements and develop solutions to meet business needs.
- Interface directly with business operation team, clients and vendors to ensure the success of the project.
- Responsible and accountable for the execution and delivery of the program/project in support of the business strategy necessary to achieve the business objectives
- High level of responsibility and ownership from inception through to implementation of reporting environment.
- Propose and deliver manual financial reports as per business requirements
- Manage ongoing development and operations of manual reporting
- Help resolve production data issues.
- Share and incorporate best practices usinign new and upcoming tools and techniques
- Demonstrate technical leadership in data space
- Improve and streamline processes to optimize data flow and data quality
- High level of personal commitment to each task, a can do attitude and a drive to deliver.
- Proven history of delivering timely, high quality, senior manager-level reporting and analysis from diverse, complex data sources.
- Understand client operations and organization to ensure that the COE service delivery model is aligned.
- Conduct Joint working sessions and review meetings engaging multiple business units to ensure prompt and accurate resolution to challenges noted.
- Conduct multiple stake holder meetings and Manage Queues to ensure Service excellence.
- Strong communication skills to be able to communicate at all levels.
- Should have a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Good testing principles as well as good defect management skills.
- Able to contribute as a team and deliver individually as and when needed.
- Provide UI prototypes, develop technical specifications and build interactive dashboard solutions to the agreed upon specifications.
- Conduct product evaluations (POCs).
- Participate in standards definition meetings and quality assurance peer reviews of their code base.
- Bachelor's Degree (Post Graduate Preferred)
- 12+ years of experience in Financial / Sales Manual reporting.
- 8+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Analytics
- 5+ years of experience Tableau/ Qlikview/Power BI Development experience in an enterprise level environment.
- Good working knowledge of ETL processing and data transformation techniques.
- Good SQL and DataWarehouse development skills.
- Having good data modeling skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Should have strong data analysis and data interpretation skills.
- Ability to understand and collect requirements from client.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting business requirements to identify technical solutions.
- Continuous Integration/Development.