Assistant Manager - Automation Testing (Big Data)
Global Markets business has embarked on a technology transformation project to replace legacy applications with an extensible vendor product. This role is responsible for leading the Engineering team that would implement and integrate the vendor product into complex landscape of the Bank.
The role will be based out of Hyderabad. Key responsibilities:
- Will be involved through the SDLC taking active role in understanding the technology as well as the functionality
- Responsible for overall test automation framework creation, automated test suites, functional tests, regression suites, end to end tests and performance tests ensuring quality of delivery
- Prepares necessary systems documentation.
- Creates necessary plans and deliverables and monitors task deadlines.
- Provides subject matter expertise in reviewing, analyzing, and resolving production support issues.
- Create test design and implementation of most complex design components, adopting newer technology and methods to run this function efficiently.
- Create /execute internal Business User Acceptance Test (BUAT) strategies and detailed plans
- Establish and adopt the defect management process in order to track and manage issues through to resolution
- Work collaboratively with development teams and internal/external end user groups
- Ensure the delivered platform supports all business and operational processes as defined by client deliverables
- Support ad hoc testing needs for proof of concepts (POCs)
- Provide regular status updates and supporting project management reports as directed
- Candidate is expected to fungible and acquire new skills as per the project demand.
About State Street Global Markets:
- 6-8 years of Automation testing experience using QA automation tools like UFT, Selenium, others.
- Experience in Financial Domain is a must
- Extensive Hands-on experience in Design, implement and maintain automation framework using UFT, Selenium tools and automation concepts.
- Experience with Big Data concept and Hadoop framework design/ testing.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Experience with Bigdata/ Hadoop - Map Reduce, Spark, Hive, HBase, Oozie, etc.
- Experience in validating and analyzing Hadoop log files.
- API testing experience
- Backend testing skills with ability to write SQL queries in Big Data and in Oracle databases
- Experience in working with globally distributed Agile project teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, globally structured and team-based environment, as well as independently
- Experience in test management tools like Jira
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented: Tenacious, gets things done
At State Street, we partner with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing. Through continual evolution it has become one of the world's leading custodial banks.
State Street is a global financial institution with 36,000+ employees, having Offices in 29 countries serving more than 100 markets. We provide liquidity across 34 international markets, with approximately $3.64 trillion in lendable assets.
State Street Global Markets is the investment research and trading arm of State Street, provides specialized research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies to owners and managers of institutional assets.