Associate 2 - Fund Accounting
Shared Services Sub-Department Name:
Accounting Functional Job Title:
Associate 2 Reports To:
Manager Job Location:
Hyderabad Shift Type:
US Shift Shift Timings:
8 PM to 5 AM IST / 9 PM to 6 AM IST Role:
Full Time Company Overview
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.40 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,420 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com .
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,420 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here. We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristic. Purpose of the Job
(list the primary job duties and responsibilities)
The main function of the role is: Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the fund's policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. Roles and Responsibilities (list the primary job duties and responsibilities)
Skill Sets (state "must to have" skill sets required to perform the day to day tasks) Additional Skill Sets:
- Validate and review all daily activity while maintaining all required controls
- Calculate and process fund and account activities, e.g. supporting NAV, SEC yields, cash movements, distributions, corporate actions, bank loans, processed transactions, etc. and prepares proofs as needed
- Support the review and validation of data as needed, e.g. fund Net Asset Values, etc. as well as distribute information to Shared Services and Client Operations teams
- Research and resolve exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and issues
- Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with clients when necessary
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Maintain appropriate records of daily and monthly activities
- Support the production of financial, performance and/or quality reports for client, shareholder, director and management as needed
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Prepare and verify information for various projects/special requests as directed
- Support training of new hires as necessary
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Mandatory Process Skills Sets:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Some understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
Education & Experience (State the minimum qualifications & experience required to successfully perform the job, qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position) Education Requirements:
- Fund Accounting
- Transaction Processing & Management
- Transaction Processing & Management
- Security Settlement
- Trade Life Cycle Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 0-2+ years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Some understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.