Bank & Service Provider Manager
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh IN
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 07 Jun 18 2018-06-07
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Bank & Service Provider Manager responsible for?
The Bank and Service Provider Management Team is a global team, strategically located in the US, Europe and Asia. The Team is responsible for managing bank and significant service provider relationships for FTS. The Sr. Bank & Service Provider Manager is required to maintain a full understanding of the services delivered by the banks and vendors assigned to them, as well as the requirements of the operational teams within FTS and other areas (Sales, Fiduciary, etc.). The Sr. Bank & Service Provider Manager ensures that service levels are adhered to and acts as a point of escalation for service issues. They must possess strong analytical skills to identify the source of the problem, take an impartial view and negotiate with service providers as well as our internal teams to resolve complex issues impacting our funds and our clients. They must be able to communicate and gain acceptance of the resolution from internal stakeholders and senior management. They must be able to identify areas of risk and work with service providers to proactively address these. The Sr. Bank & Service Provider Manager will manage a team of analysts who are responsible for supporting Bank & Service Provider Managers globally. They must ensure that work is completed timely and accurately.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of Bank & Service Provider Manager?
Bank & Service Provider Management
- Develop and enhance service relationships with banks and service providers to support FT products and clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with client appointed custodian banks to support FT and our clients
- Act as an escalation channel for FTS and FRI stakeholders to review issues, analyze problems, and negotiate with service providers and internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain service level definitions with service providers. Ensure service levels are adhered to by service providers. Negotiate service level changes and ensure FTS and service providers are in agreement. Provide annual certification of existing SLD’s.
- Lead service review meetings with service providers. Review service metrics, key performance indicators and initiative updates with FTS stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of new FTS and FRI service requirements as well as new products and services offered by service providers.
- Engage service provider technology teams and FT project and technology teams to ensure the appropriate level of communication, coordination and planning takes place. Leverage service provider technology capabilities to ensure FT receives the latest technology and appropriate training.
- Oversee Change Management process with service providers to manage service change requests. Ensure requests are well defined. Prioritize requests for the service provider and ensure completion.
- Arrange and facilitate service provider support for FT projects, product launches, separate accounts and sub-advised accounts. Ensure that service providers meet their responsibilities.
Stakeholder Service Delivery Management
- Act as principle point of contact for complex service and support issues escalated from FTS, FRI or clients. Ensure resolution of service issues.
- Act as point of escalation for negotiation of claims and error related costs when departments can’t resolve it themselves. Review and analyze issues, negotiate with service provider and FT teams to resolve while maintaining the overall relationship.
- Maintain regular engagement with FT stakeholder teams.
- Provide a platform for internal stakeholders to discuss service provider issues.
- Review service provider KPI’s with internal stakeholders and identify actions to address issues and mitigate risks. Ensure that internal teams accept and implement appropriate changes.
- Maintain knowledge of FT stakeholder strategic initiatives and projects which will impact service providers. Manage service provider to ensure support of initiatives and projects. Coordinate communications, escalations and project management as required.
- Promote the appropriate level of engagement between FT stakeholders and service providers.
Leadership & staff development
- Development, leadership and management of the local team
- Ensure proper level of support is provided to the Bank and Service Provider Management and Enterprise Bank Strategy teams
- Oversee the logging and tracking of bank and service provider issues.
- Oversee the production and maintenance of comprehensive management reporting including:
- Service provider highlights
- Service issue status
- Key Performance Indicators
- Service scoring
- Financial scoring
- Ad-hoc executive reporting
- Oversee the support and ongoing review of:
- Bank and service provider issues and ensure resolution
- Service Level Definitions
- Service provider metrics and initiative updates
- Arrangement of service provider meetings and training sessions
- Arrangement of executive level meetings
- Production and distribution of meeting notes
- Develop, manage & continuously improve team performance
- Ensure team members understand requirements and deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Support issues escalated by team
- Provide team motivation, development, coaching & mentoring
- Maintain good team communication & collaboration
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related major or equivalent experience is required for this position.
- Graduate level finance or business courses will be viewed favorably.
- Professional qualification/certification in finance, accounting or management highly preferred
- Five to Ten years of investment industry experience required
- Three years of supervisory and/or leadership minimum experience required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Timeliness and ability to adapt with wider changes in the market
- Excellent command of English both spoken and written
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and people-management skills
- Effective leadership skills
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING:
- Ability to analyze problems and determine and/or recommend resolutions.
- Solves problems of difficult scope and high complexity
- Manages the daily workflow of a functional group.
- Some travel may be required for cross-training purposes and business continuity events
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employee’s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees’ families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and ourcareer opportunities.