Financial Reporting - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
The purpose of the job is to provide end to end support to investment company clients for timely completion of preparation of financial statements, portfolio schedules and associated mandatory reporting's within stringent deadlines for audit / review and successful submission to the regulators.
Selected candidates will be required to work at shifts which allow reasonable overlap with US, APAC and EMEA hours and allow for trainings, on the job practice, feedback etc. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As an Assistant Vice President you will:
• Manage relationships with client companies, making sure that requests are being met and that clients are satisfied with the level of service.
• Monitor day-to-day management of team members and actively manage and maintain successful long-term relationships of assigned clients, and proactively escalate issues to Unit Head
• Collaborate with appropriate teams globally to ensure consistent service delivery, client solutions and client satisfaction. You may need to play as Governance with our JVs.
• Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and responsible for completing and delivering performance reviews on time
• Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, and terminate employment.
• Manage the implementation of all standard practices, processes, tools, etc. and initiatives and technology enhancements, while assessing operational effectiveness and making suggestions to streamline functions
• Contribute to enhancing our regulatory standing and execute on critical regulatory and control management plans, including those contributing to the successful execution of ORI initiatives.
• Proactively manage risk at the business level. Ensure appropriate procedures are in place for team, recommend additional controls and risk management strategies.
• Responsible for client communication and implementation of new regulatory requirements/disclosures that impact the financial statements
• Perform 1st, 2nd, risk-based and targeted reviews on client financial statements, NQ, Form N-MFP, etc.
• Ensure all regulatory filings are made on time
• Other duties as assigned What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
• Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers.
• Ability to interact with on-shore and off-shore teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate.
• Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization. Education & Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization n Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred, CA / CPA / ACCA or similar (Good to have)
• Knowledge of US GAAP/ IFRS etc. Additional requirements:
• 14+ years of experience in mutual funds/Hedge funds Financial Reporting & accounting, auditing or related business activity.
• Strong financial reporting, regulatory compliance and tax skills.
• Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Knowledge of SEC, IRS, and general ledger accounting requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies, Trusts, Partnerships and other fund structures services by GISG.
• Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
• Computer proficient. About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers