Fund Accounting - Manager
Purpose of the Job
(list the primary job duties and responsibilities)
Roles and Responsibilities (list the primary job duties and responsibilities)
- The main function of the role is: Account for the day-to-day management of a functional/oversight team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff. Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Service teams/COE's, outsource locations, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund's policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
- Oversees the activities of staff by working closely with direct reports.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and controls to ensure consistency of policies adherence to procedures.
- Manages and facilitates timely resolution of issues.
- Proposes and works to implement workflow changes and supporting technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory compliance and developments for the assigned area and apprises staff as necessary.
- Identifies and analyzes operations risks related to current and potential business and recommends procedural changes and controls as needed
- Creates and uses quality service measurement tools to ensure compliance with operational standards with SLAs and SOPs and create management reporting as needed
- Coordinates and manages projects within the department and/or with BU Shared Services, COEs and Client Operations teams.
- During the course of normal day-to-day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and reporting and/or escalating in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews; provides ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation of staff.
- Participates in the hiring, salary, promotional and termination recommendation process
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word)
- Location: Mumbai - multiple shifts available
- Demonstrated managerial, leadership and decision making abilities
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively bring individuals from multiple areas together to resolve identified issues.
- Should have exposure to trading instruments like Equities, Options, Bonds, Futures, Spots and Forwards, Bank Debts and Credit Default Swaps (CDS)
- Should have knowledge of Corporate Actions, Income & Expense accruals, SEC Yields, Distributions, NAV calculations etc.
- Should have prior Mutual Fund accounting experience including General Ledger analysis and reconciliation
- At least 5 (3-4 for Officer) years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity. Prior relevant work experience of 8+ years.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
- Ability to develop and enhance client relationships.