Global Custody - Associate
Under the direction of the Senior Associate/Officer, the Associate II acts as a liaison between the different client/IM service teams and the Sub Custodians/Depositories to ensure the proper settlement of security and cash transactions. Additionally, assists in processing exceptions accurately, timely and consistently. Focus of the job is to research and resolve problems with minimal supervision and to provide guidance to associates. Foster a team-oriented environment servicing all customers. Roles and Responsibility:
- Ensure Sub Custodian/Depository messages are received daily as outlined in the operating requirements/SLAs.
- Ensures that exceptions/problems are resolved timely, accurately and well documented.
- Elevates issues to Senior Associate/Officer.
- Adheres to department operating procedures by employing appropriate review and control procedures.
- Serves as a source of technical information and training for entry-level staff.
- Takes part in training, seminars, etc. to keep current.
- Flexibility with schedule to assist in coverage with staff vacation and illness.
- Assist with Management Reporting.
- Assists Management with day to day operational procedures.
- Participates in special projects, as needed.
- Interacts in a positive and respectful manner with team members and other functional units within the organization.
- Prepare, as required, clear and concise internal/external correspondence.
- Bachelor's degree in a business discipline preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate proactive and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable, detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to adapt and excel in a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications e.g. Excel, Word, etc.