Investment Performance Analysis - Sr Associate/Team Lead/Asst Manager
- Overall purpose of the role:
- Provide Performance Measurement Services within IMS Investment Analytics
- Provide necessary support to other Investment Analytics Functions, Equity, Multi-Asset & Fixed Income Attribution Teams as well as GIPS Services, Change Management and JV Oversight
- Management Information Statistic (MIS) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) maintenance
- Produce accurate and timely Performance data
- Performance reporting follows a monthly cycle for the Institutional Marketing / Fund Managers / Senior Management.
- Provide technical expertise on Performance & Attribution to clients and other departments
- Assists where necessary to produce ad-hoc Performance data for other Departments
- Provide feedback to the Investment Decision Process.
- Maintain strong internal / external relations
- Help drive team forward and promote team working
- Performance reporting to be completed within SLA targets
- Project work, including on-boarding new clients, new systems and liaising with multiple stakeholders
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Job rotation and career enhancement (formal and informal training) is also a part of the ethos within the team environment. These include :
- Produce accurate and timely Performance data, from in house and 3rd party Performance systems, on a monthly/quarterly basis for Equities, Fixed and Balanced clients.
- Report to Fund Managers, Client Reporting & Institutional Marketing in a timely manner. Ability to produce top level and attribution, equity, unitized and Fixed Income products.
- Assist where necessary to produce ad-hoc Performance Measurement for multiple clients
- Maintain strong relations with various areas of IMS and with the client directly via regular consultations and correspondence.
- Help drive team forward and promote team-working
- Benchmark control - action requests for costing of new indices required by the client, communicating costs and sign off. Correspond with various departments to ensure we and the clients are licensed, and initiate the addition of new data to SSC internal systems.
- Engage in the Change Management Process for the Investment Analytics team. Ensuring all changes logged from the client and affecting the team are actioned accordingly. Correspond with the Change team to highlight any missing information requirements and communicate issues we may have. Delegation of Change Requests to respective members of the IMS Investment Analytics team, and ensuring responses are given to the Change Team within the agreed SLA timelines.
- JV oversight - regular communication with the JV for oversight of the daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Ensuring the SLA and KPI requirements are met and any issues are raised appropriately, including regular meetings and discussions with JV leads.
- Provide daily support to the Performance Measurement team. Ensuring all client timetabled deadlines are met and all ad-hoc queries are completed in a timely manner. Regularly review procedures and implement changes to improve the reporting and communication process. Contribute to driving any new client onboarding Projects forward and maintain oversight.
Overall skills required:
- System solutions : WM Spectrum / Statpro Composites / Statpro Performance and Attribution / StatPro Fixed Income (SFI) / Factset / GPA / PnA
- Data feeds : Hiportfolio / Datastream / FACTSET / Bloomberg / External providers
- PC Skills : Advanced Excel skills (macro level) / VBA an advantage