P&A Data Management - Assistant Vice President
Responsible for overseeing the data operations that fuel the Performance, Investment Compliance and other value added services while providing same day support for the service and delivery teams located in Asia.SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- In conjunction with the global data team, oversee the data operations located in the JV production hub. Serve as a point of escalation to our JV team for any critical issues during the daily peak production cycle.
- Manage internal relationships in the region (e.g. P&A, and IC service and delivery teams) and resolve critical data related issues as required.
- As a part of the global data team leadership, identify problems and relevant issues, assess each proactively and make sound decisions
- As a part of our follow the sun approach to issue resolution, collaborate with the global data team to solve data issues arising from other regions.
- Liaise with our technology partners to resolve issues and on-board new functionality
- Review business unit operations for effectiveness and efficiency while ensuring adequate maintenance of relevant procedures.
- Drive and/or support team strategic initiatives, tactical projects and regional client onboarding as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behavior
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the scope of the role's managerial responsibilities
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own behavior
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Typically have extensive experience in data and other complimentary financial services roles (12+ years)
- Extensive experience with the relevant P&A/ IC processes and platforms such as GPA, the Market Data Hub, DAS, Mig21 and CRIMS.
- In depth knowledge of the relevant data domains -Index, Security Reference, Characteristics and Industry Classifications - as well as the related vendors including Bloomberg, Rimes, and the major Index providers.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization, project management and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain internal business relationships.
- Strong team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels across the globe.
- Excellent PC skills.