Sanction Screening (Risk Monitoring) - Manager (US Shift)
GOPS is seeking a candidate to work as an Officer/Manager. This position will oversee all Custody teams - Agent Bank Operations /North America Securities Settlements (Global Custody) & Sanctions Screening/Credit Monitoring (RMCOE). A self-starter who is comfortable with uncertainty and deadline pressure and possess knowledge of the Global Custody/Sanctions industry and the processes that support it. You need to provide guidance & leadership to these teams. This role will report into Asst Vice President. Job Description:
Skills and Experience:
- Provide expertise and guidance to resolve daily problems and client issues
- Collaborate with Business and Global Operations leads identifying resources required to support & deliver transition/ change management projects
- Identify, evaluate and track progress of project risks, issues and dependencies, escalating them appropriately with suggested mitigation approach
- Work with counterparts to develop procedures and processes, and supply information for budget preparation
- Responsible for risk management by ensuring staff understands all Standard Operating Procedures, Key Controls, and Client Specific Procedures
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Responsible for related management activities, eg. Performance Plan reviews, hiring, staff development, salary actions, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Work with all onshore locations as a cohesive team to strengthen Continuous Operations
- Identify, develop and deploy process improvements leading to service level improvements and/or unit cost & operational risk reduction
- Proven track record of related related/industry experience in financial services (expertise specifically in
- Global Custody - Trade Settlements, Processing & Payments
- Compliance - Sanctions, AML, KYC, Credit Monitoring, OFAC policies.
- Overall 8-12 years of experience including staff management and leading projects
- Excel in interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, including verbal and written communication skills
- Working in matrix structures and cross cultural environments with an ability to operate on their own and as part of a team
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills when dealing with stakeholder's (internal or external) is preferred
- Knowledge of State Street systems/processes preferred but not required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Must have a high level of integrity, self-accountability and be self-motivated
- Leadership / Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Very strong interpersonal influencing collaboration and project management skills (technology and/or business projects)