Senior Associate- Fund Accounting & Administration
Job Description Purpose Of Role:
To supervise the Transfer Agency process in accordance with internal controls and procedures. Specific Duties:
- Supervise the daily Transfer Agency processes for investor transactions
- Supervise the daily Transfer Agency processes for changing or updating investor account registration details
- Supervise the daily Transfer Agency processes for the monitoring of cash reconciliations for TA Accounts
- Supervise the daily Transfer Agency processes for monthly investor reporting.
- Opportunity to work with complex fund structures
- Provide excellent client service
- Assist team development
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures PERSON SPECIFICATION Specific Qualifications/ Skills:
- Highly numerate
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines Level Of Education:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree).
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage. Previous Level Of Experience:
• Minimum 3 years in Fund Accounting/Transfer Agency (preferably Hedge fund experience).
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Excellent English Disposition
- Personable Work Environment
- As relates to Employee's job related task and duties Employee is responsible towards his direct Superior.
- All issues with which Employee turns to the one level up Manager should have been discussed with his direct Superior.
- Employee has the right to appeal from every decision of his direct Superior to the one level up Manager. Employee's responsibility rules
- Employee is made accountable for all his job duties and State Street's property entrusted to him.
- Employee's responsibility concerns at equal degree entrusted duties, decisions taken and the initiative required at the given position.
- Employee is responsible at equal degree for decisions taken and not taken when the situation requires that.
- Employee commits not to disclose any information that might be considered as confidential for the Employer.
- Employee is obliged to comply with all regulations and procedures concerning Health and Safety, environmental protection and company's directions in this domain.
- Employee does his best to make the work environment and culture safe for him and his colleagues.
- I have read and understood the contents of the above job description. I confirm receiving a copy of it and will abide by it.