Senior Data Engineer-FRIBS
State Street has established a Global Billing Function, which is responsible for client billing set up, invoicing, system setup and data across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation. There is also Global Billing Program is a strategic initiative within the corporation. All billing will be migrared to a new billing platfrom within the next two years. This role will provide incident analysis of the current production issues and identify data issues trends. Basic Purpose of Job:
Billing Data senior analyst will be responsible for all aspects of the billing data flows processes across multiple applications that support State Street global businesses spread across countries & regions.
Billing Data senior analyst will be part of complex engagement model on a day-to-day basis. The individual will be responsible for daily management of the production of accurate, consistent, and timely data related deliverables. This individual will provide subject matter expertise in data and provide analytics to drive insights regarding the global billing process. The person will also be responsible for providing support around data questions and issues to support overall Global Billing Organization.
In addition to Business As Usual (BAU) responsibilities as described above, this role will also be involved in process re-engineering, standardization, and automation efforts to help out with the migration to a new billing platfrom. Responsibilities:- Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
Process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation:
- General responsibility for all data flow activities that include data for fee schedules, client invoices, and help desk processes
- End-to-end responsibility for a major group of the billing process from the data perspective and incident managment
- Achieve global consistency and effectiveness in controls; accurate, quality work; and transparency into activities and results. Drive efficiencies to build capacity and create a more agile work process. Maintain a robust control environment: process controls, process oversight and process governance responsibility
- Develop the team to adopt "owner's mind set", work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Produce regular reporting to monitor areas of responsibility; measure progress toward goals; and evaluate productivity and team efficiency. Review and assess regularly with team members and with management
- Assist with ad-hoc data projects
- May serve as a subject matter expert on particular data related issues
- Assist with the process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation efforts for Billing
- Responsible for ongoing process improvements
- Support migration to a new billing platfrom
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance, CPA Qualified with an experience minimum of 8 years working in data processing and data engineering in a global Billing function within a large financial services institution.
- Knowledge of various services and industry trends of billing methods for those services like Custody services, Sub custodian, trust services and out pocket expense billing, asset management etc.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing policies, procedures and strong internal controls.
- Demonstrated leadership in improving/building-out the billing functions for multiple geographies and business areas
- Experience assisting with re-engineering processes and driving similar centralization of the end-to-end activities for the major financial institutions
- Proficiency in SQL, data modeling, fruent is query writing, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices), Python
- Strong understand of data structures
- Knowledge of billing systems preferred
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- Independent decision-making capabilities, demonstrated thought leadership
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong analytical and ability to analyze and summarize complex financial transactions
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment