Software Engineering- J2ee - Vice president
The OPT Servicing App Dev Team is looking for a Senior AD Manager to work alongside a team of 15-20 App Developer / Lead development professionals primarily located in India (Mumbai). The Software Engineering Manager's primary responsibility will be to help in SDLC Agile User Stories into Design & Development during sprints & all releases. This person will work closely with our technology partners in Business, Development, UAT, Dev Ops, Quality Assurance & Performance to ensure that what we build validates the business intent of the product. The successful candidate will possess a strong coding background, architecture understanding and a working knowledge of both Agile and waterfall methodologies. The successful candidate will also possess skills necessary to ensure successful coding and maintenance of automated unit, acceptance and regression tests with a focus on early automation & shift left and T-shaped engineer.
Application Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Work within a larger Software Engineer team to Design, code, Test & Deploy in production and implement suitable continuous integration (CI) frameworks, AFT and enabling earlier discovery of defects and higher quality software.
- Work in Agile scrum teams alongside development and business analysts to build/maintain effective automated user acceptance tests that will validate application user stories
- Design, Coding, Unit testing and Defect fixes and ensure end-end functions/ scenarios are working fine during testing and QA integration and release cycles/builds
- Identify and build service layer automated test solutions to support early automation like AFT, CI & CD
- Good in Innovation, vision, Business communication, leadership, project management, Vendor relationship, negotiating skills, Business architectural, analysis and planning skills
- Adhere to development coding standards, Code Reviews and recommend continuous improvement of processes for OPT SVC.
- Leverage existing test frameworks to solve specific problems in various Development and QA organizations.
- Work proactively with CCB OPT developers, managers and business partners to develop, coordinate, communicate and enforce testing schedules, and deliverables.
- Drive the overall OPT Development strategy to accelerate preparation and execution of SDLC activities.
- Plan/coordinate early builds & test across multiple platforms and systems.
- Plan for Non Functional testing and meet the demands of the product specification in a distributed micro-services based architecture using Kafka and Cassandra
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems required and 12+ years of experience with the following:
- Team Application Developer lead/Manager or Automaton on an enterprise Information Technology (IT) team
- Technical proficiency in Java, Could Technologies ( PASS, SAAS, Azure/AWS..etc)
- Candidate will be responsible for providing advanced engineering support to production support teams for complex application performance and infrastructure issues.
- Candidate should have a strong Infrastructure Architecture background with experience with virtualization technologies, knowledge of Data exchange & and extensive Cloud computing solutions (Azure/AWS).
- Virtualization technology skills, systems architecture skills, excellent collaborative skills, and strong analytical reasoning
- Hands on experience with web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc)
- Hands on with development and test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium Grid, Junit, SOAPUI, Eclipse, Jenkins, CA-Lisa, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc)
- Working experience with platforms/OS/Servers (e.g. Windows Server, Linux/Unix, J2EE, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc)
- Understanding of Software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Responsible for designing, building, and improving cloud environments on Amazon Web Services and other cloud platforms.
- Understanding of TDD, BDD and Shift Left concepts
- Ability to negotiate, communicate and deliver effective Automated Test solutions to both Development and QA organizations
- Ability to prepare and effectively present status reports in either Agile Standup meetings or for QA
- Knowledge and benefits of Services and API layer development and testing
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office products - to include Access queries and Excel macros
- Understanding of Database schemas and SQL queries a must
- Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Ruby, Perl or other) knowledge is a must
- Understanding of development and test automation best practices
- Understanding of J2EE design patterns
- Overall relevant industry experience of 12+ years
- Excellent Leadership skills and experience working in Application Development, Quality and Automation teams
- Excellent organization and communication skills (written, oral and presentation) is must
- Experience in use of MS Office products for both analysis and presentation
- Experience in delivering end-to-end technology implementation solutions
- Must have full life-cycle experience in large, global multi-tiered systems, preferably in the financial industry
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication / presentation skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Demonstrates initiative and is a self-starter
- Prepared to challenge when business requirements seem conflicting
- Drive/Determination and knowledge.
The behavioral requirements of this role are as follows:-
• Good leadership skills in hiring and managing large number of App Devs.
• Excellent process discipline in project execution
• High level of personal commitment to each task, a can do attitude and a drive to deliver.
• Strong communication skills to be able to communicate at all levels..
• High level of responsibility and Ownership from inception through to implementation.
• The candidate should have a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Good analysis skills in order to aid in trouble shooting and problem solving