2021 Risk Management Risk Analytics Spring Analyst Program (Mumbai)
Background on the Group
Morgan Stanley's Risk Analytics department that resides within Firm Risk Management (FRM) performs quantitative analysis on the Firm's Credit, Market, Operational, and Liquidity risk exposures. The department's primary objective is to measure and project risks across the Firm to support executive decisions and protect the Firm. Risk Analytics has main presence in New York and London, also attracts talent in Budapest and Mumbai.
Risk Analytics team in Mumbai is part of the Market Risk Analytics and Scenario Analytics teams of the firm. The Market Risk Analytics team is a methodology team responsible for development, enhancement and periodic updates of risk models for the firm's portfolios for Market Risk Department. The Scenario Analytics team is a methodology team responsible for scenario design, macroeconomic forecasting, and market shock generation for business as usual (BAU) and regulatory stress testing exercises (e.g. CCAR and DFAST) conducted by the whole firm.
What we offer
Spring Analysts are integrated into teams in Risk Management and are expected to take on responsibilities of full-time analysts. Placement will be determined by aligning your skillset and interests with our business needs. We are committed to providing opportunities to develop key competencies necessary for a successful career within Risk Management. Managers are committed to providing meaningful and challenging projects that can be implemented and incorporated into our day-to-day activities. Risk Management professionals are focused on developing and training Summer Analysts to ensure a successful internship experience.
The role includes:
• Model Development: Participate in developing and enhancing tools and methodologies to quantify risks for business as usual and stress testing purposes.
• Risk Monitoring: Assist in day-to-day risk management of our market, credit, operational or liquidity risk exposures by providing independent analysis of business activities and establishing processes to monitor these risks.
• Model Risk Management: Learn about the Firm's governance framework for models used in all divisions and assist in reviewing and validating various types of models.
• Reporting: Develop innovative reporting on risk exposures and metrics to support leadership decisions.
• Risk Projects: Contribute to key projects to establish and maintain strong risk processes and infrastructure, using project management best practices.
• Regulatory Programs: Work with teams within Risk and across the Firm to drive key regulatory initiatives including rule implementation, regulatory exam and relationship management, remediation and governance.
The projects are presented to senior management, alongside getting a firsthand experience of working on a project from inception to delivery.
What we look for
• You have a strong interest in risk management.
• You are fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You are intellectually curious and enjoy learning.
• You demonstrate leadership, inter-personal skills, and are a team player.
• You pay close attention to detail, have analytical and problem-solving skills, and are able to understand and evaluate complex information quickly.
• You have the ability to manage dynamic priorities.