Aladdin Business, Client Servicing, Analyst
Description About this role Job Description BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Headquartered in New York City, as of December 31, 2019, the firm has approximately 14,000+ employees in 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
For more information visit www.blackrock.com Team Overview:
Aladdin Client Services role is part of the Aladdin Product Services within BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin Business unit. BlackRock Solutions' mission is to provide BlackRock with the best risk analytics and investment management platform, as well as to use this platform to offer a variety of tools and services to other large institutional investors. The Aladdin Client Services provides front line client services and training for Aladdin, BlackRock's proprietary Investment and Trading management system. Job Purpose/Background
Every day, the Aladdin Client Services (ACS) Team tackles the hardest, most sophisticated analytical problems in FinTech. We utilize our in-depth understanding of Aladdin, our clients' businesses, and the investment management process to provide exceptional client service to our rapidly growing, global client base. We all come from varied educational backgrounds, bring unique skills and experiences to the table, but share a serious passion for solving tough problems for our clients, adding value to their business and keeping our clients happy. Our team is known for
Being subject matter experts with a reputation for getting the job done. We...
As an Analyst you will Answer questions and help our clients run their businesses on Aladdin
- Deliver exceptional customer service to users, every time
- Solve difficult problems by providing innovative solutions
- Collaborate with others because we know we can do more together
- Figure out what needs to get done and then do it
- Learn every day, question everything, and embrace change
- Foster a fun, innovative team atmosphere
: You will solve problems that matter, making direct and measurable difference to our clients. In the process, you will build technical, industry, and relationship skills. Have a good understanding of Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives and Alternatives products and how they are modeled and traded in Aladdin. Use technology to solve problems
: Use technical skills (like SQL, UNIX, Python) to ensure the accuracy of large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and efficiently query information from a vast database. Educate users, leverage service insights, and relay user experience feedback to improve the customer experience and our product
: We believe that the best customer service is proactive, not reactive. We are students of our own data and engage with our clients to keep problems from arising, rather than dealing only with issues that are brought to our attention. Work on a global team, with a local presence:
Our support model follows the sun -if a market is open somewhere in the world, so are we! You will get to work with teams across the world, while still engaging with a vibrant local team. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop expertise in interpreting compliance mandate and translating them in rules
- Answer client's queries related to compliance violations and rule interpretation
- Build strong working relationships with compliance officers and different teams within BlackRock while communicating and explaining new Aladdin capabilities to internal partner teams and external client base
- Work on developing custom logic for complex investment guidelines
- Work with high levels of accuracy while interpreting and coding compliance guidelines
- Help train junior analyst within team
- Work with regional and global team and product experts and help drive local initiatives
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement
- 2+ years' experience in financial industry
- Excellent organizational skills; extremely detail oriented
- Excellent problem-solving, critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement changes
- Knowledge of financial products in Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives etc
- Demonstrated technical ability to use SQL, UNIX and/or programming languages like Python
- Able to develop good working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in a high-paced environment
- Degree in Finance, Engineering or Technology would be preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; very client service focused
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic
- Must be detail orientated, possess initiative and work well under pressure
- Given that the nature of this role is Finance and Technology (FinTech) centric, we would like candidates who demonstrate an aptitude for learning these aspects of the job
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Be able to work and deliver under minimal supervision/independently
- Prior experience in an investment management firm is a plus
- Additional foreign language skills is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.