Analyst - RFP/DDQ
Description About this role Job Purpose/Background:
The DDQ (Due Diligence Questionnaire) function within GCR is uniquely positioned within the business at BlackRock. Working closely with both product areas and sales teams; and covering the US, EMEA and APAC ; the team presents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to these areas of the business and to gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, its position in the market and the products we manage.
The team liaises closely with colleagues across the Institutional Client Business, product strategy and many other business functions to deliver high quality, consistent and cohesive quantitative and qualitative information to clients and consultants. You will play an important role in this critical component of maintaining existing business.
The ideal candidate has strong writing and communication skills and previous experience working in a fast-paced global financial services firm on DDQs and RFPs (Request for Proposals) and similar documents. Key Responsibilities:
- Writing high-quality, customized RFP / DDQ responses about our firm, support model and value proposition.
- Liaising with subject matter experts throughout the business to complete proposals and information, as well as completing client due diligence questionnaires.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of DDQs including quality oversight / peer reviews.
- Manage workload to successfully meet assigned deadlines and assist other team members when required. Support and complete various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts.
- Proactively communicate potential issues.
Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Postgraduate - MBA (Finance) from reputable institute.
- CFA / FRM certification will be an added advantage.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in investment management/asset management or financial industry
- Team player with attention to detail with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage own priorities, multi-tasking and meet hard deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both locally and across geographies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of financial markets, with familiarity with all asset classes (equities, fixed income, etc.) and geographies
- Project management, collaborative writing, critical reading, and editing skills
- Strong familiarity with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and RFP software
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.