Assistant Manager-Fund Administration & Reporting
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Mumbai Maharashtra IN
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
The Supervisor would be responsible for handling the areas of Fund Tax, Audit, Financial Statements, Adhoc, Regulatory and Periodic Reporting. The role of Supervisor, GFAR, is to support the Manager, GFAR to enhance service delivery to the clients of Franklin Templeton Services. This is achieved through the completion of functional requirements and work assignments that reflects a significant level of technical competence, substantial experience and understanding of Franklin Templeton products, processes and the Indian regulatory and taxation environment.
The function undertaken and the tasks completed will be completed efficiently with the ability to work pro actively with a significant level of autonomy. As an Accountant, the incumbent will demonstrate a strong capacity to engage with business stakeholders internal and external to Franklin Templeton through efficient work practices.
In recognition of the accounting experience and understanding of Franklin Templeton processes, the Supervisor will be expected to work pro actively and closely with the Manager to identify on going improvements in work processes and service delivery and to establish and implement feasible, sensible and practical solutions to resolving issues or implementing improvements.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Assistant Manager-Fund Administration & Reporting?
- Audits – Handle Statutory and Regulatory Audits/ Inspection. Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the processes/ controls and resolution of audit queries. Co-ordinate effectively with all the stake holders for preparation of Audit Plan and completion of Audit
- Assist in preparation of Board/ Audit Committee packs and supporting material including presentations
- Analysis of Financial Statements. Co-ordinate with the GFAR Hyd team for accurate and timely delivery of the Financial Statements
- Fund Tax – Analyse and evaluate taxation issues and present a solution/ implementation plan. Co-ordination with tax consultants. Ensure all communication from the Income tax department is responded to on a timely and accurate basis
- Understanding and Interpretation of Regulatory changes impacting FTS
- Investigate complex accounting or system related issue and determine appropriate course of action, including involving FTT where appropriate
- Ensure that all daily work is performed in accordance with department policy and procedural guidelines
- Develop and monitor timetables to cover major reporting functions
- Ensure that all month end and fiscal year end activities / reportings are completed accurately, reviewed and provided concerned persons as per required deadlines.
- Review periodic audit reports prepared for assigned funds at reporting periods.
- Review of KPIs (key performance indicators) and or MORs (management operating reports) as per department requirements
- Acknowledge requests and liaise with business partners to ensure external and internal audit requests are completed timely and identified issues are resolved for applicable funds.
- Suggest improvements to departmental workflows, review internal policies and procedures and update as required. Leverage and adopt global best practice where feasible.
- Identify training needs and provide adequate training for the staff. Conduct and facilitate as required.
- Monitor and conduct staff appraisals and ensure timely feedback is provided to the staff.
- Provide leadership, expertise and technical support in the completion of departmental projects.
- Liaise with HR to conduct interviews and manage all staff related issues.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- This position requires a University degree in accounting or business and a professional qualification in finance, accounting or management (e.g. CPA, CA, ACA, MBA)
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in investment management operations, fund administration, audit of mutual funds.
- Working knowledge of mutual fund industry regulations is required.
- Experience with automated financial and investment management & operations systems.
- Strong analytical and organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to engage and foster positive business relationship through efficient delivery of outcomes, collegiate involvement and empathetic appreciation of our clients needs
- Ability to multi task and track progress of projects and initiatives
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently. Strong attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow in a collegiate manner
- Takes initiative and demonstrates ability to follow through
- Displays client service and customer focus
- Knowledge of business desktop applications (i.e.: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Project, Windows, Visio, etc.) required
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING:
- Ability to analyze problems and determine and/or recommend resolutions.
- Solves problems of difficult scope and complexity, refers to policies and practices for guidance.
2-3 team members
Some travel may be required within the region (< 5%)