CIB - Securities Services Operations - Fund Accounting Analyst - Associate
Description JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase. Further information about careers at JPMorgan Chase can be found on our website: www.jpmorganchase.com JOB TITLE: Assistant Vice President (602)
The Fund Accounting team is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of NAV for Clients who have outsourced their Fund Accounting to JPM. This role involves understanding and executing end to end activities that comprises of daily NAV calculation and eod Client reporting. The candidate will be responsible for managing a team of accountants for the purpose of delivering accurate and timely fund accounting services, including net asset value calculations for various clients. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee the accurate and timely production of the Fund's daily and monthly accounting activities and net asset value calculation of the funds for various clients
2. Review all financial statements prior to production and ensure that timely and accurate sign offs are in place from various constituents of the valuation process.
6. Establish policies, procedures and guidelines which comply with internal and external controls to ensure that the statements and work to continuously strengthen the controls environment
7. Develop and implement efficient and standardized workflows within his team as well as various points of hand offs.
8. Be an effective leader capable of motivating, developing and supporting staff and training and managing the team
9. To understand Training Needs / Solutions and implement the same to maintain team skill sets and mobility
10. Relationship management with Clients (including JPM partner locations) by means of service delivery and proactive approach towards client requirements EDUCATION:
Chartered Accountant/MBA/Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
Over 7+ years of mutual funds industry experience with a minimum of three years in fund accounting. Management experience is desirable.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Fund accounting knowledge
• GAAP accounting knowledge
• Knowledge of industry developments and trends
• Securities industry knowledge including dividends, principal & interest, corporate actions and trading activity
• Knowledge of account reconciliation processes
• Strong analytical, prioritization, organizational, multi tasking and negotiation skills