Group Reporting Analyst
The said proposed role primarily would be to assist the Group Accounting and Reporting team in the following:
1)\tPreparation of standalone financial statements for various entities at different jurisdictions (not India) where Trafigura operates.
2)\tLiaising internally with the controllers, accounting teams and tax department to ensure information presented in the financial statements is correctly reflected
3)\tLiaising externally with auditors for queries and documentation for audit completion
4)\tSubmission of statutory statistical surveys as applicable for some of the entities
5)\tAny ad-hoc reporting activities as a part of Group accounting and reporting function.
The position will play a key role in Group Accounting and Reporting team of the Global organization.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (preferably first attempt at all the levels)
- Industry experience with day to day application knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- 1.5 - 3.0 years of post-qualification experience in similar positions or relevant role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of auditing, accounting and GAAP implementation
- Fluent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in Excel is required.
- Experience demonstrating skill performing basic analytical tasks (e.g., reconciling data, ensuring accuracy of data); maintaining numerous electronic and paper files; using basic office equipment.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges.
- Self-starter and pro-active.
- Preparation of standalone financial statements for Group entities and ensuring that the overall process is managed well to achieve the agreed timelines.
- Gain good understanding of the accounting concepts and be able to answer queries from the auditors/controllers.
- Preparation and filing of statistical surveys.
- Ensure that the submissions to the auditors/controllers for the standalone entities are accurate and fully explained.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Divisional Accounting teams based in Mumbai, Geneva and various other global locations
- Group accounting and reporting team based out of Amsterdam
- Tax Team based out of Mumbai and Amsterdam
- External auditors, advisors
- Regulatory authorities worldwide
Group Accounting and Reporting team is responsible for the overall consolidation and external reporting of the Trafigura Group's financial information. This includes ensuring compliance to the Trafigura Group accounting policy, managing various stakeholders reporting, responsibilities for statutory audits and publishing interim/annual reports.
The Group Accounting team is currently based out of Amsterdam and Mumbai. Entity:
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle.
The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa , Middle East and Asia-Pacific.