Junior Risk Management Reporter
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
RFDAR is globally led by Melanie Neill and reports to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO); the function is located across all major locations and is responsible for:
- Market and Credit Risk information management & reporting
- Operational Risk information management and reporting
- Managing development and implementation of risk and finance systems
- Regulatory change and coordination, establishing policies covering market risk, credit risk, operational risk and finance
Infrastructure team which comprises of approximately 75 staff globally, led by Chaitanya Shah. The team has presence in Mumbai and Singapore locations. The team has the responsibility for end-to-end process to ensure completeness of underlying risk data, perform data input sanity checks (L2 checks) and validation of calculated risk measures (L3 checks) such as VAR/IRC/ERC for market risk.
RFDP - Market Risk team is seeking to recruit an ENO to join the team. The successful candidate will be part of the RFDP Market Risk function in Mumbai.
The role involves:
- Understanding of dynamics of market data inputs, trade attributes and market risk sensitivities required for analyzing VAR/ERC/IRC movements.
- Ensure completeness of the underlying sensitivity data; perform exception clearing and necessary data adjustments.
- Monitor day- on-day changes in underlying risk sensitivities.
- Liaise with respective IT and support teams to resolve any data related issues.
- Review and Validate material day-on-day changes in calculated risk measures (VAR/ERC/IRC), accurately attributing to input data changes identified by Market Risk Data Management and Control Team, market data changes in time series and risk computation methodology changes.
- Provide accurate and meaningful commentary to highlight driver(s) of material calculated risk measures (VAR/ERC/IRC) in validation templates.
- Notification to Market Risk Reporting and Analytics team on a possible delay, reason of delay and ETA on completion of Market Risk measures validation process.
- Perform Market Risk Data Quality Management to capture Time Series data / methodology issues if any. Inform and/or highlight to appropriate teams, and follow up on remediation plan in a timely manner.
- Understanding front-to-back data flows and system architecture.
- To participate in the roll out of improvements in risk systems, processes and data feeds as well as contributing to various tactical and strategic projects and
- Working closely with the Business, IT Departments, Controllers, Operations and your counterparts in other regions.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Strong product and risk knowledge from at least 2-4 years' experience in an investment banking environment
- Detailed knowledge of market risk concepts, internal models and standard rules
- Graduate or Post-Graduate in Finance /Statistics/ Economics/ Sciences and Mathematics
- Completed or currently taking the CFA or FRM qualifications would be desirable
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills along with good interpersonal skills