Lead Risk Modeling
The Risk division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of decisions making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from enterprise risk management to risk and finance reporting and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities.
The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfill our mandate, ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and ambitious environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
The Model Risk Management (MRM) team has a mandate to validate the Bank's business-impactful models firm-wide and more generally to identify, measure, and manage model risk across Credit Suisse. The team is established in London, Zurich, Mumbai, Singapore, New York, Warsaw and now Raleigh.
As a senior member of the MRM validation team you will get exposure to modeling in a wide variety of risk areas such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk etc. The current heightened regulatory focus on these areas and the team's broader model risk scope also guarantees a significant level of interest and visibility to the business and senior management. Key Responsibilities:
- You will lead a team of junior model professionals, providing them mentorship on specific projects as well as career developments.
- You will review, verify and validate a large variety of models for theoretical soundness.
- You will test model design and identify model weaknesses, ensuring ongoing monitoring as well as contribute in the firm-wide model risk and control assessment.
- You will be expected to demonstrate independence in testing and to keep comprehensive documentations of your work.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- You hold a Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, and Finance/Economics. Masters or PhD preferred.
- You have at least 6 years of related experience in the industry,
- You have knowledge in financial modeling and model validation and can demonstrate deep understanding of capital modeling, financial and derivative products and mathematics.
- You are able to communicate effectively with business partners and to present complex topics to a diverse range of audiences.
- You are able to lead a team of professionals.
- You have analytical and computational skills in addition to a deep understanding of qualitative methodologies.
- You bring strong presentation and collaboration skills with the ability to work within a global team.
- You have programming experience of software applications such as R, Matlab, SQL and SAS.
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.