Manager - DevOps Engineer
We are recruiting an experienced platform DevOps engineer to support the ongoing design, development and management of a unified data and analytics platform on AWS. The platform will support the data and analytics requirments of front office traders, research analysts and data scientists using the latest machine learning methods and both structured and unstructured data.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Experience with enterprise scale data / analytics platforms.
- Infrastructure as code using software such as Terraform, Cloudformation, and Ansible.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Linux and Scripting.
- Experience with automation, monitoring, setting up Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployments.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex systems using tools like Splunk, AppDynamics or the likes.
- AWS architectural principles and best practices.
- AWS core components and Data & Analytics stack.
- Ability to code in Python.
- AWS certifications are a plus. Experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on DevOps experience with experience in Terraform, Cloudformation or Ansible.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics or Mathematics is required.
- Experience of 2-4 years in Investment Bank or is preferred. Key Responsibilities
- Own the BAU activities and DevOps support to maintain and manage the unified data and analytics platform on AWS.
- Supprt the the roll-out of new platform functionality.
- Incident management. Competencies
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders across business lines and technology.
- Must be acclimatized working and dealing with client managers / senior management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges
- Ability to think at a systems level and work closely with the Platform / Engineering Lead to deliver hghly scalable, robust data and analytics products and services
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Report to Platform / Engineering Lead.
- Work closely with Data Engineers and Data Scientists. Department
The Data Science and Engineering team researches, develops and provides advanced analytics and data services to the trading business and other commercial operations at Trafigura. It is comprised of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Quantitative Finance experts. It is a commercialy driven, front office aligned team, that works in close partnership with the trading desks, global research and enterprise technology.