Manager II, Business Intelligence and Investigations
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services.
Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 3,500 professionals in 28 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world's leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
Kroll's is currently looking to add a senior resource focusing on its Financial Investigations Practice in Mumbai. We have successfully investigated a broad range of issues including suspicions of internal and external fraud, bribery and corruption, IP infringement, accounting black holes and transaction reviews under the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code. Kroll works with clients to determine how the incident occurred, who was responsible and to plan and implement an asset recovery or loss mitigation strategy.
The Manager II will spend most of their time working on active cases, often with responsibility for managing the entire assignment or a meaningful element of a large investigation. The role will be responsible for gathering preliminary information and data using a variety of sources and databases, reviewing financial statements, using data analytics and e-discovery tools and carrying out detailed analyses which will form the basis of the investigation. The role requires a high level of organizational ability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and commercial focus with an analytical mind.
The role requires a high level of organizational ability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to think strategically and be commercially focused with an analytical mind.
The role of the Manager II will be responsible for developing, producing and supporting the investigative case work, dealing with clients and managing complex multi-jurisdictional assignments. Additionally, this role will be responsible for contributing to the on-going development and growth of the Investigations Practice in the Asia Pacific region.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility for the complete case management cycle on investigative cases, from forecasting and managing all aspects of case finances, to ensuring that a quality service is delivered within time and budget.
- Conduct investigations involving fraud, compliance and internal control issues.
- Perform field work necessary for case development by gathering, processing and reviewing a variety of information to produce high quality and thorough analysis. Monitor quality of research and analysis of junior members of staff.
- Ensure senior members of the Practice remain up-to-date with the progress of investigations, bringing issues and findings to the attention of appropriate personnel for resolution and decision making.
- Monitors quality of own work product and the work of junior employees, providing guidance and assistance where necessary.
- Provides information regarding utilization, availability, and related field work needs on a routine basis to the Managing Director of the Practice or other appropriate supervisor.
- Addresses field investigation and related problems as they arise.
- Actively be involved in the pursuit of new business and support the delivery of pitches and proposals by senior members of the team.
- Achieves Personal Billable Hours and Personal Development Targets.
- Experienced financial investigator / forensic accountant, currently operating as a senior manager / director with over 10 years of experience
- Proven record of conducting financial / forensic investigations
- Internationally-recognized accounting qualification
- Regulatory background and CFE qualification desirable but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, with proven experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of working on tools like Intella, Relativity, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to build successful working relationships with senior management
- A strong team work ethic and excellent people skills
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving
- Presentation and client relationship skills essential
- The position may require extensive international travel
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.