Market Risk - Business Analysis
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Chief Risk and Compliance Officer (CRCO) division comprises of the following key functional areas - Market Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Credit Risk Management, Quantitative Analysis and Technology, Treasury and Risk Management, Independent Validation and Review, Data and Technology and the Compliance Officer Function. These functions provide high-quality, cost-effective risk and compliance related management services to support the operating divisions, while improving independent controls and compliance.
Quantitative Analysis and Technology (QAT) brings together all CRCO quant functions with the objective of unifying and improving quant processes within the bank and modernizing how quant models, data and quant technology are used for analysis and decision making. The combined team is responsible for:
- Market and Credit Risk Modelling and Risk Quantitative Analysis
- Pricing Modelling and Desk Quant Analysis
- Quant Technology enabling the development and delivery of models and quant tools
The EDA Platform Team is a part of the Quantitative Analysis and Technology (QAT) organisation within CRCO and is globally led by Duncan Noltingk. It is a global team with presence in Mumbai, London, Poland, and New York. The team has overall responsibility for building the design, data model and functionalities in the Market Risk Management Platform EDA (Enterprise Data Analytics) to support various Market Risk Calculation Measures including FRTB (Fundamental Review of the Trading Book).
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The team in Mumbai is seeking to recruit an AVP. You will be responsible for ensuring that all of the risk data inputs are fit for purpose for consumption in various Market Risk Calculation Measures like FRTB as well as various functionalities in EDA are in line with requirements and expectations.
The role involves:
- Ensuring the completeness of all Risk Data Inputs required for the calculation of various Market Risk Measures like FRTB across various businesses and trading strategies of the Bank
- Ensuring accuracy of risk data inputs through reconciling data as well as position and portfolio analysis, impact of product behaviour on sensitivities, assessment of Methodology requirements for data inputs among other approaches
- Conceptualising and Implementing the various components of the DQM (Data Quality Management) Control Framework in EDA to support the timeliness, completeness and .accuracy of risk data inputs required for various Market Risk Calculation Measures
- Production of Metrics for providing overview and insights into the state, status and progress of completeness and accuracy of risk data inputs as well as updates on the implementation of various functionality requirements to Senior Management and other appropriate forums
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing wherever required
- Representing the EDA Platform Team on various forums appropriately.
Special Circumstances (e.g. shifts, travel overseas, hours):
Extended hours may be required depending on system performance and region receiving the service provided. There is a requirement to work India Public Holidays (staff can take a day of in lieu when working on a public holiday) You Offer
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
Education and Professional qualifications
- Graduate or Post-Graduate in Finance/Statistics/Economics/Sciences/Mathematics/Technology.
- Completed or currently taking the CFA or FRM qualifications (preferred)
- 5 - 8 years of proven experience in a financial services institution in a similar role
Technical/business skills & knowledge
- Phenomenal analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of various financial and derivative products, financial markets
- Deep understanding of market risk methodologies: FRTB VAR and other risk measures.
- Good understanding of financial greeks and their relation to financial products and derivatives used in the calculation of various risk measures
- People Management and Leadership Skills
- Business partner Management and Project Delivery / execution Skills
- Python Coding skills would be desirable
Team Work: Plays a constructive role as member of the team.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Being able to work well with others, and communicate, both verbally and written, across barriers of culture and personality is a must.
Ethics: Consistently demonstrates integrity, fairness and professional conduct.
Sensitivity to Control: Is attentive to controls and addresses risk.
Self-awareness/Eagerness to learn: Either by way of internships / prior work experience or personal choice demonstrates a keen interest in Risk Management in an Investment Bank. Is aware of important events and relevant news pertaining to Risk Management
Initiative / Problem Solving / Thinking: Needs to be a self-starter while demonstrating the ability to think creatively to arrive at potential solutions to problems / issues.
Timeliness (Organisational skills): Ability to plan and prioritise the work so that it is efficient and effective and allows service to be delivered promptly and reliably.
Client Relationships: Ability to build positive relationships with internal clients to understand and address their needs.
Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.