Risk Modeler ENO-AVP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The successful Capital modeler will be working within the non-financial risk department, and will work within a team supporting the global operational risk managers. The successful candidate will build up strong positive relationship with key partners and proactively support the business. Capital modeler will assist the NFR Capital & Modelling team in a number of ways, including:
- Quantify regulatory and economic capital requirements - based on historical and estimated losses with the usage of various statistical tools (e.g., S+, R statistics software tools)
- Seek to support in Operational Risk model development, maintenance and code testing
- Support the timely development of system tools (e.g. data manipulation tools, parameter estimation and visualization tools, convolution algorithms)
- Support the quality assurance (testing, documentation) on quantitative elements of the operational risk model to ensure internal/external approval.
- Loss data analysis - collation, review and application to CS risk profile for modeling. Analyze internal and huge external database of losses and perform required data treatments.
- Scenario workshops - liaise with NFR Scenarios team which runs the process in which business specialist quantify losses based on risk ratings, controls environment, metrics, etc.
- Projects/ initiatives - ad hoc assistance on Group or legal entity level NFR projects as required
- Reporting - prepare governance materials for NFR senior management and regulators
Capital modeler will refine / develop some skills / expertise on the job including
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in NFR domain
- Model creation to forecast losses
- Building statistical tools
- Advanced R & excel modeling
- Project management
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Degree in banking, economics, mathematics, or related engineering or scientific fields
- Proficient in quantitative risk models, statistics, mathematical modeling
- Mathematical programming abilities (preference for R or S Plus statistical language)
- Prior experience working in risk-related roles in the financial industry
- Knowledge of operational risk capital modeling under Basel advanced measurement approaches
- Research focus
- Strong interest in operational risk management
- Proven ability to work productively in collaborative environments
- Front-to-back risk capital process know-how (data collection, model development, production and reporting) is an advantage
- Result oriented and outstanding assertiveness skills
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.