Sen.Operational Risk Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The Data Management & Reporting team is a part of Capital, Data and Analytics (CDA) team within Non-Financial Risk Management (NFRM). The NFRM organization is the natural evolution of work that Credit Suisse began three years ago to enable consistent oversight across compliance risk and operational risk. NFRM practices rely on the following four data assets: incidents, issues, metrics and controls. NFRM seek to help proactively and predictively manage risk through the following:
- Deepening collaboration and connectivity between risk and control frameworks and data and analytics capabilities, creating joint intelligence to more effectively supervise risk developments
- Proactively engage with the first line of defense
- Be the intersection of non-financial risk data across the bank; and
- Deliver a data-enabled, global read-across capability demonstrating analytical tools
- Be a problem solver bridging policy and user expectations regarding loss data and metrics.
CDA Data Management & Reporting team is responsible for management of all data quality and availability to support reporting processes for Non-Financial Risk Management at CS. With ever growing focus on data, the team builds and executes a consistent NFRM data management strategy ensuring that data is fit for use in risk analysis, decision making and planning. This includes responsibility for setting up policies and standards for data lifecycle, all critical to NFRM data driven reporting, such as risk appetite, issues management scorecard, prioritizing data quality issues raised, support of all data remediation efforts, and effective business partner management, etc. The team oversee integrity of end to end processes regarding data, including setting up policies & guidance, processes and controls, governance, data compliance with regulatory and business demands and data use.
- Business project /program leadership in the NFRM (regulatory) metrics, issues management and incidents area
- Senior business partner interaction, governance forum & working group chairing & secretariat
- Providing data stewardship services by setting up minimum standards for data quality development and governance, tracking and reporting
- Providing the continued development and maintenance of Credit Suisse's bank-wide Incidents and Issues Management Systems and Qualitative Metric Inventory ensuring data is for purpose across Incidents/Issues reporting, Qualitative Risk Appetite reporting, Group Top Operational Risk reporting, RCSA and CRA reviews, Scenario planning and Exec Management Reporting
- Facilitating the creation of policy/tool/project documentation and training as well as ownership of the rollout thereof
- A platform for career progression in the bank-wide Non-Financial Risk Management function
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- University Degree in banking, economics, mathematics, or related engineering or scientific fields with more than 5 years of relevant experience. Advanced Degree is a plus
- Understanding and prior working experience in a global, multi-cultural banking environment
- Program & project, work-stream management & coordination experience with a proven track record
- Outstanding analytical background, paired with interpersonal, leadership & communication skillset, and the ability to explain complex issues in a simple manner
- Ability to operate effectively, despite ambiguity, and present and handle governance topics in senior management forums as well as day-to-day operations
- Understand business needs & requirements, combined with an affinity for IT-related topics
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple priorities, delivering to established timelines and to high quality standards
- Ability to think independently, pick up new concepts quickly and present views and recommendations in an objective and credible manner, while maintaining positive relationships with Operational Risk partners
- Dedicated with a focus on hands-on delivery
- Confidence to own & lead topics
- Result oriented, hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst working collaboratively and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.