Senior Analyst - Accounting Operations
Financial statement closing for Derivative business line including reconciliation of Open Derivatives, reconciliation of Broker balances, Inter-co Reconciliations, Inter-system reconciliations and ownership of key controls.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in accounting and reconciliation.
- Graduate in Commerce with sound understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- CA Inter is preferred
- Advanced Excel knowledge is essential
- Eye for detail
- Flexible with work shifts
- Team player with good communication skills - verbal and written
- Fast learner and comfortable operating in a fast paced environment
- Flexible attitude and self-motivated
- Financial statement closing activities focused on Derivative Transactions of the Group
- Reconciliation of Financial Accounting data with Derivative system (Murex)
- Reconciliation of Financial Accounting data with external documents (Broker Statements, Bank Statements)
- Inter-co reconciliations
- Preparing control reports for key financial statement areas focused on Derivative transactions
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- At TGS (Peer Group, Manager)
- Internal: Ledger Owner/Controllers, Group Reporting, Derivative Back Office Team, Treasury and Bank Reconciliation Teams
Accounting & Control / Accounting Data Integrity Entity:
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle.
The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa , Middle East and Asia-Pacific.