Software Engineer - UI Developer : Associate | Mumbai
Description About this role About the Role
BlackRock's Aladdin Wealth Tech organization (AWT) is at the center of cutting-edge technologies that serve financial advisors and investors. AWT consolidates BlackRock's varying products, including iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and Aladdin Risk for Wealth, with marketing and sales teams - with the goal of improving the user experience of its technology products and improving relationships with the advisors who use it.
This position requires solid hands-on programming, creative problem solving, and troubleshooting skills, and an enthusiasm for learning. This role also offers the opportunity to partner with proficient software engineers to continue to build both new systems and enhance existing ones. Responsibilities
- Designing, coding, testing, and supporting reliable, robust software applications and services with high-quality standards.
- Participating actively in multi-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation.
- Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint.
- Performing code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers.
- Full stack developer more proficient in front-end development
- Experience in HTML, CSS, JQuery etc
- Experience with a JVM based language preferably Java
- Understanding of typical Java-based frameworks such as Springboot, J2EE, etc.
- Some experience (could academic) with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Passion for finance and knowledge of the portfolio management space
- Proficiency building and passionate about creating great products that solve big problems
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and time management abilities
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Between 3 - 6 years of professional software development experience
- Strong object-oriented programming knowledge along with good understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.