Software Engineer - UI Developer : Associate | Mumbai
Description About this role About the Role
BlackRock's Aladdin Wealth Tech organization (AWT) is at the center of cutting-edge technologies that serve financial advisors and investors. AWT consolidates BlackRock's varying products, including iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and Aladdin Risk for Wealth, with marketing and sales teams - with the goal of improving the user experience of its technology products and improving relationships with the advisors who use it.
This position requires solid hands-on programming, creative problem solving, and troubleshooting skills, and an enthusiasm for learning. This role also offers the opportunity to partner with proficient software engineers to continue to build both new systems and enhance existing ones. Responsibilities
- Designing, coding, testing, and supporting reliable, robust software applications and services with high-quality standards.
- Participating actively in multi-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation.
- Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint.
- Performing code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers.
- Full stack developer more proficient in front-end development
- Experience in HTML, CSS, JQuery etc
- Experience with a JVM based language preferably Java
- Understanding of typical Java-based frameworks such as Springboot, J2EE, etc.
- Some experience (could academic) with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Passion for finance and knowledge of the portfolio management space
- Proficiency building and passionate about creating great products that solve big problems
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and time management abilities
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Between 3 - 6 years of professional software development experience
- Strong object-oriented programming knowledge along with good understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.