Description About this role
- Collaborate with and work across agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions with high-quality standards
- Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint.
- Work with a team of engineers with deep passion and experience in designing and developing data pipelines, distributed systems, microservices, APIs and full stack systems
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities.
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Experience in developing production quality code in Java, Python,
- Experience with Distributed data/computing concepts and tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Flink, Cassandra , Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
- Some experience (could be academic) with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Some experience with software containerization platforms like Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience in developing in microservices architecture and/or writing Restful APIs.
- Exposure to Job scheduling systems Airflow, Luigi, Autosys
- Passion for finance and knowledge of the portfolio management space
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience in application development
- At least 1 year of experience working in data engineering technologies
- Strong object-oriented programming knowledge along with good understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a global team-environment.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.