Software Engineering - Mainframes
As an Application Developer, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. You will utilize mature (3rd or 4th Generation) programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
You will participate in project sessions with business analysts and team to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps. You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Additionally, you will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules. You will participate in implementation reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
•8-10 years of experience in Information technology with an emphasis on Application Development
•Minimum 5 years of hands on Application Development work experience throughout the entire project lifecycle
•Expertise in Mainframe technologies Cobol, DB2, CICS, JCL, VSAM
•Agile/Scrum experience in a large scale organization is an added advantage
•Strong application design, coding, testing and debugging skills
•Strong focus on time-management, decision-making, and project delivery
•Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
•Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical teams and Lines of Business
•Previous Financial Services experience is a plus
• Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge.
• A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
• Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and production of documentation appropriate to an audience.
• The ability to shift perspective from high level 'Big Picture' to low-level detail.
• Good prioritization and time management.
• The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
• The ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team