Vice President, Alternatives NAV Oversight
Description About this role Team Overview
The Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) division is responsible for providing operational support to BlackRock's portfolio management teams and clients. GAAPS is central to BlackRock's operations in providing subject matter expertise, monitoring fund administrator service delivery in relation fund accounting and financial reporting, monitoring operational capacity for new products, contributing to projects in relation to product launches and liaising with fund administrators, auditors, fund directors and portfolio managers. The group comprises of a number of teams and is organized both functionally and regionally. Role Responsibilities
- Providing operational and accounting support for all investments within the Alternatives platform. Assist in developing operating models to address support of manual or unusual aspects of new alternative products and investments
- Ensure a best in class control environment exists internally in an oversight capacity and externally within our 3rd party administrators
- Provide on-going operational support for complex products or investment types, which includes reconciling data received from third parties and coordinating input of data into internal systems
- Oversee external and internal administration and accounting for certain mandates, including investment valuation, data management, and asset and cash reconciliations
- Provide trading support functions for certain mandates
- Authorize and facilitate cash transfers
- Ensure trade, valuation and cash flow information is updated timely and accurately in internal systems
- Manage credit facility arrangements including debt compliance monitoring
- Assist with preparation and review of client reporting and ensure deliverable deadlines are met
- Work with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to resolve operational issues, as identified
- Review cash flows to determine capital amounts needed
- 10-12 years of relevant investment / fund accounting or public accounting (audit) work experience, including review experience for at least a portion of that time.
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting (strongly preferred) or Finance. CPA a plus.
- Hedge Fund Investment accounting experience, minimum 8 years a MUST
- Management level experience, minimum 5 years a MUST
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proper and effective accounting skills including knowledge of GAAP and financial statements.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to manage projects and team members, work under pressure, and hit deadlines.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.