Service Management Analyst
Person will be responsible for driving the optimization of technology operations though system/services performance monitoring, data and analysis. Monitor operation to ensure established service level agreements/objectives (SLA/OLAs) are met. Collect data, analyze and report on performance, usage and trends within assigned portfolio. Synthesize findings to draw correlations between performance symptoms and existing or potential issues, identify exceptional conditions and opportunities for improvement. Escalate and document issues and events in accordance with established procedures and processes. Responsibilities
- Use technology monitoring tools to monitor assigned environments and/or technical assets and identify/detect performance and behavior outside of established standards or SLA/Os.
- Evaluate current and/or potential impact deviation may cause to infrastructure, delivery or services.
- Determine appropriate next steps (e.g. closer monitoring, further review or immediate action).
Data Collection, Tracking & Analysis
- Use a variety of data collection techniques and systems to collect technology operations performance data as it relates to area of responsibility.
- Analyze to draw accurate conclusions regarding performance, trends and issues (current and/or potential).
- Monitor compliance with defined SLA/Os.
- Monitor consumption/usage metrics to understand trends to assist in the effective management of vendor partners (as applicable).
- Perform trend analysis to identify cause of performance and/or usage issues.
- Collaborate with management and/or Process Owner to determine reporting to drive utilization, efficiency and effectiveness of technology systems and/or services.
- Create reporting templates and dashboards to consistently and succinctly convey trends, consumption, and performance to leadership, business partners and other technology teams (as applicable).
Alert & Document
- Alert appropriate team (per incident and event management processes) to provide warning/notification that a threshold has been reached, something has changed, or a failure has occurred.
- Document concerns and findings, collect all pertinent data (to include comparison of exception data and normal data) and ensure incident/event tracking tools are up-to-date (per established guidelines and procedures).
- Use experience, expertise and data analysis to collaborate with manager and team members in the identification of corrective action to increase efficiency, improve performance and meet or exceed consumption targets
- Experience in handling Infrastructure level issues, deep understanding of network devices, storage, web tier architectures, databases
- Knowledge on data flow from web layer to DB layer and integration with 3rd party systems Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, Math or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and persuasively communicate (verbal and written) ideas, issues and recommendations.
- Experience in working with clients/customers located at different geographies of the world
- Around 4 years of experience in a technology operations organization.
- 1+ years of experience pulling and analyzing data in support of a technology operations organization.
- Expert-level skills managing and analyzing data in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience and proficiency with entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong, proven ability to multi-task Preferred Qualifications
ITIL Foundation certification.
- Strong analytical ability with proven proficiency in synthesizing data into meaningful and digestible data points and actions.
- 2+ years of experience on ITSM tools like ServiceNow
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with event correlation and interpretation, utilizing various monitoring tools including (Dynatrace, Sumologic, HP Business Service Management, HP Sitescope, PRTG)
- Previous experience in an incident management role