Sr. Tech Operations Analyst IND
Provide operational leadership and direction to technology operations team(s) including employees, contract personal and strategic vendor partners. Accountable for the availability and performance of Insurance and Annuities applications and services and seamless business consumption of them. Lead operational support of front-line management of incidents and problems, and proactive /preventative analysis. Serve as escalation point and operational expert for issues, changes, various support requests and projects related to area of responsibility. Responsibilities Responsibilities:
- Work as part of Operations team primarily supporting the Mainframe/Vantage applications
- Respond to incidents as well as work to identify proactive incident circumvention.
- Support the Batch Operations that occurs nightly for Mainframe systems.
- Identify and recommend performance enhancements/improvements for applications.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support and work during hours that accommodate a portion of the US work day. Incident & Problem Management
- Work towards quick resolution/recovery of the high priority incidents in a time-bound manner to ensure business continuity and minimum downtimes.
- Coordinate and drive restoration of service disruptions/business escalated issues to meet and exceed established SLAs/OLAs.
- Ensure action plans are in place to address recurring issues, including escalation and effective hand-off to other teams as required.
- Work towards aggressive root cause analysis/permanent resolution for all the business impacting recurring technical issues. Change Management
- Follow strict change management processes - RFC (Request for Change); ensuring balance between business requests and impact/risk. Continuous Service Improvement Initiatives
- Improve effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes
- Follow best practices to enhance service delivery
- Develop the ability to think and act strategically
- Engage in the business and technology interactions to improve the service quality
- Ensure more quality checks to decrease the risks and errors
- Ensure to execute processes to optimize cost and quality Required Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, B. Tech. MCA, or related. Equivalent experience considered.
- 5-7 years of broad technical experience with proven expertise in a majority of the following areas: Vantage/Mainframe (COBOL, JCL, SQL, DB2, CICS and VSAM)
- Experience in Production support, Proactive incident management, and Batch monitoring.
- Open to step up to learn and support the distributed applications built on Windows/Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with Financial and Insurance products including Claims application products is a positive.
- Should have exposure to IT environments governed by ITIL framework. Change, Incident & Problem Management-related
activities should be component of candidate's responsibilities. Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Vantage One application knowledge.
- Assembler, .Net/MS SQL server.
- Insurance and Annuities knowledge will be highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Distributed systems will be an added advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in multiple functional infrastructure/application areas.
- Strong customer service orientation and an inherent sense of urgency and attention to details for resolving issues.
- Proven experience creating, championing and maintaining processes, procedures and policies.
- Experience working in operations roles preferably in the financial services industry or other similar, highly