Team Lead-Information Mgmt IND
This role will drive, enable and administer the development of capabilities in the management of reference data, data warehouse, data lake and ongoing/future business transition to India.
In a proper and timely manner, oversee the establishment of new equity, fixed income, and derivative securities, which can entail the setup and review of the securities specific details, maintaining of the security data within the Security Master systems (e.g. Aladdin and GSSM), maintaining Data warehousing (ODWM) and ensuring that the data is properly flowing to all pertinent downstream systems. Responsibilities
Information and Data Management - Production Support (70%)
• Play a key role in the development of reference data, data warehouse(ODWM) and data support team in India and manage a process sync between onshore/offshore teams across region to develop functionality and processes that meet the needs of all users and stakeholders of our data.
• Oversee the proper and timely establishment of new equity, fixed income, and derivative securities. Set up and review securities specific details and maintain of the security data within the Security Master systems (e.g. Aladdin and GSSM).
• Use data from a variety of sources to analyze complex business issues as well as incorporating company and industry knowledge to answer business questions, identify issues, and recommend corrective courses of action.
• Monitor and resolve exceptions from data management supported business and technology systems, which could include not only security data, but positions, analytics, accounts, reference, and other enterprise data.
• Work with our various technology partners to assist in resolving system outages, as well as assisting throughout a testing program during the implementation of upgrades or new security related systems.
• Communicate action plans, priorities, and recommendations to business managers, technology, business partners, and external partners.
• Provide both regularly scheduled, as well as ad hoc maintenance, of the data via reports and queries of various databases, in addition to requests made by both internal clients and management.
• Pro-actively identify areas for potential process improvements and effectively communicating them to management.
• Support data quality activities to ensure data from source systems is accurate, current, consistent and fit for purpose with the team supporting data quality investigations as required.
Process and Procedure Management (10%)
• Define, develop and update SOP, processes and procedures in regular intervals.
• Support the development and update of operating procedures and documentation, reflecting current policies and data standards.
• Drive continuous improvement, driving positive change and improved processes, organization and documentation.
Management & Service Delivery (20%)
• To lead, mentor and operationally manage a team of data associates, so that the service provided is efficient, effective and meets the needs of business partners and clients.
• Develop teamwork and balance the strengths of individuals, allocating responsibilities and priorities as appropriate, measuring performance and setting targets.
• Co-ordinate team workload and ensure excellent service to customers and adherence to defined and agreed service levels.
• Contribute to relevant management meetings and provide subject matter expertise
• Conduct and support the delivery of training in the use of data, particularly reference data and latest technologies & tools and financial market.
• Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility. Required Qualifications
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• Strong communication skills (written / oral), interpersonal skills & strong decision making abilities
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively with peers, staff and business partners
• Sound knowledge of Capital Markets (esp. Securities, Funds, and Forex Markets)
• Experience in Information management/reference data functions for at least 5 years with excellent problem solving and strong analytical abilities Preferred Qualifications
• People management skills
• Process Improvement experience
• Experience with VBA and SQL