Team Lead-Tech Operations
Provide end to end production support and derive immediate resolutions/root-cause of the incidents arising in and around the Legal, Compliance and Supervision Application's Distributed systems to ensure quick restoration of service degradation and hence minimal business impact. Responsibilities
• Work as part of Operations team primarily supporting the Distributed applications
• Respond to incidents as well as work to identify proactive incident circumvention
• Support the Batch Operations that occurs nightly for Distributed systems
• Work on rotation basis during the day and night Operations shift to support both night batches and the day time Operations work alternatively
• Identify and recommend performance enhancements/improvements for applications
• Provide 24x7 on-call support and work during hours that accommodate a portion of the US work day or during the full US work day shift (India night shift) including weekends / holidays
Incident & Problem Management
• Work towards quick resolution/recovery of the high priority incidents in a time-bound manner to ensure business continuity and minimum downtimes
• Coordinate and drive restoration of service disruptions/business escalated issues to meet and exceed established SLAs/OLAs
• Ensure action plans are in place to address recurring issues, including escalation and effective hand-off to other teams as required
• Work towards aggressive root cause analysis/permanent resolution for all the business impacting recurring technical issues
• Participate in change reviews and understand operational impacts due to changes
Continuous Service Improvement Initiatives
• Improve effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes
• Follow best practices to enhance service delivery
• Develop the ability to think and act strategically
• Engage in the business and technology interactions to improve the service quality
• Ensure appropriate quality checks to decrease the risks and errors
• Ensure to execute processes to optimize cost and quality Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related equivalent experience considered.
• 8-10 years of broad technical experience with proven expertise with a combination of some the following areas:
Java, .Net, SQL, Shell Scripting (bash or PowerShell), Windows Server, Exchange or Skype
• 3-5 years of experience working with ServiceNow and monitoring tools (Gomez, Dynatrace, SiteScope)
• Experience in Production support, Proactive incident management, and Batch monitoring
• Experience with IT environments governed by ITIL framework. Change, Incident & Problem Management related activities should be component of candidate's responsibilities Preferred Qualifications
• ITIL Foundation certification
• Legal, Compliance & Supervision knowledge will be highly preferred
• Knowledge of Mainframe will be an added advantage
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
• Excellent problem-solving skills in multiple functional infrastructure/application areas.
• Strong customer service orientation and an inherent sense of urgency and attention to details for resolving issues.
• Proven experience creating, championing and maintaining processes, procedures and policies.
• Experience working in operations roles preferably in the financial services industry or other similar, highly regulated environment