Tech Lead - ServiceNow ITOM/Discovery
Perform a variety of engineering tasks around system design, implementation, integration, and optimization within a technology domain or line of business.
Utilize systems expertise and knowledge of software, hardware, networks, and/or storage to work across the business with architecture, application development, business analysts, DBAs, and infrastructure to evaluate business needs and design and manage end-to-end technical solutions.
Provide technical guidance to other technology resources as it relates to projects and/or area of expertise. Responsibilities
• Owning the implementation and enablement of Discovery process across various data centers on the ServiceNow platform.
• Making recommendations to leadership on ServiceNow's ITOM road map, how it aligns with the firm's objectives and champion the implementation of capabilities which support key business initiatives.
• Partner with CMDB data owner and ensure Discovery process complements and facilitates data governance activities.
• Establish best practices to manage the Discovery process and develop metrics to report to senior leadership providing insights into platform health.
• Lead a high performing team within a rapidly changing environment by taking an active role in the coaching and development of junior team members as well as identifying skill development and training needs to raise skills/core competencies.
• Execute the creation of low level design documents (including code samples/outlines) and detailed engineering specifications based on complex business, user, and non-functional (e.g. performance, reliability, balance, and controls) requirements.
• Write ServiceNow client, server scripts, integrations, Discovery Patterns and Probes, and scoped applications that adhere to standards, procedures, and techniques. Maintain integrity of existing program logic according to specifications. Complete deliverables using the Ameriprise agile-based SDLC.
• Participate in project design walk-throughs. Evaluate interrelationships between applications and design for effective interfaces between interrelated applications/systems.
• Appropriately address failure scenarios in design work. Proactively review then plan and execute corrective action in response to production support issues, as required.
• Evaluate, troubleshoot, and perform root-cause analysis for production issues and system failures. Determine corrective action and improvements to prevent recurrence. Provide implementation/production support, as required.
• Maintain up-to-date skills in software development technologies and a broad understanding of the business, business needs, and how applications/assets drive and support the business (understand the greater impact of assets/applications and development work).
• Provide expertise in the selection and implementation of development tools and best practices, as well as recommendations on priority and asset investments.
• Establish and maintain productive working relationships with business partners and project teams. Required Qualifications
Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
7-10 years of relevant experience required.
5-7 years proven engineering expertise within the subject matter domain.
Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile incidents/problems.
Highly innovative problem solver with strong analytical and customer service abilities.
Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments. Preferred Qualifications
Certifications Preferred: ITIL Foundations, ServiceNow Administration and development experience with focus on one or more Process areas like ITOM, HR and GRC.
Ability to take a 'from first principles' approach with less familiar technologies.
Ability to quickly acquire knowledge and gain subject matter expertise. About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.