APAC_Product Control (Central Functions and Analytics), ENO
We Offer Divisional description:
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank is trading activities. We are a global function employing around 800 people, present in offices across EMEA, APAC and the Americas. Our crucial role is fulfilled by ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. We also conduct the independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios and work with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. Product Control also guards the banks trading activities via the provision of reliable and significant financial information provided to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents. Importantly, we also execute controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and report in a timely manner to senior management.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Frequent interactions with various teams like PC BFO, Ops. Risk, IT to understand the process and its impact on business
- Understand the P&L in detail and its attribution
- Understand front to back trade flow and its subsequent system and accounting impact. Coordinate with various business partners along with the Front Officer to make appropriate adjustments so as to ensure timely closure of dormant books and departments
- Analyze, explain and validate the break explanations and/or correction provided by Line Product Control
- Providing subject matter expertise (SME) to Line PRODUCT CONTROL, FA and other teams. These responsibilities require proficiency of accounting, products and trade flows between different departments within the bank (Front Office, Operations and Financial Accounting departments)
- Manage any issues that arise from day to day and monthly processes with a view to resolving these in an efficient and timely manner
- Member of a team responsible Front Officer daily dormant book monitoring, Suspense break investigation, MIS reporting, business partner management including regulators and Auditors
- Understand, ensure and operate within the framework of our Ethical Values & Professional Standards
- Analyze moderate to advanced issues and report complex issues to the next level
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Possess a MBA or CFA or CA
- At least 3 to 5 years of work experience in Product control Accounting or Financial Reporting
- Proactive with drive for excellence and outstanding analytical problem solving ability
- Good written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Outstanding expertise with MS Office application, knowledge of other technological languages (R, Pythone, SQL, VBA) will be added advantage