Big Data Developer, AVP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Treasury IT department is responsible globally for all Treasury functions; funding forecasting & planning, Regulatory Liquidity reporting, MI and Money Markets Trading. Treasury IT Develop, implement and support numerous IT systems across the above business functions within the Finance IT Division of Credit Suisse across both Investment Banking and Private Banking.
The team is responsible for handling the change-the-bank and run-the-bank IT book of work in partnership with the Global Treasury and Liquidity Management Reporting (LMR) business functions and Finance Change groups that support their strategic transformation projects. This involves implementing the strategy for the Treasury Systems landscape and CFO's liquidity architecture as well as handling the effective execution of the book of work that delivers the Treasury organization's system capabilities. The overall Treasury IT team consists of over 210 FTE located in New York, Raleigh, Zurich, London, Singapore, India and Poland.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our cultural values. As the Big-Data Developer you will be responsible for:
- Implementing software components in Java, Scala and Python languages
- Writing unit and integration tests for delivered functionalities
- Profiling and optimizing performance
- Researching and solving technical problems
- Architecting and designing new features or improvements
- Active participation in Scrum and Kanban teams tasks
- Collaboration in test specifications
- Building DevOps pipelines
- Open to flexible/agile working.
- Working with a team of 10 members to achieve project goals
- 10+ year of professional experience with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in software development using big data technologies and have following skills
Experience in following technologies is highly appreciated
- Proficiency with Spark core and Spark SQL using Scala.
- Good knowledge of Big-Data querying tools, such as Hive, Impala, Kudu, etc.
- Specialist in Java SE
- Good understanding of YARN, Sqoop, and at least one orchestration tool like Oozie.
- Large-scale distributed data analytic platforms and compute environments (Spark, Impala, etc.)
- Distributed file systems and storage technologies (HDFS, HBase, Hive).
- Hands on with Git, Jenkins, PL/SQL and shell scripts.
- Experience working in agile distributed teams and in international environment
- Basics in UML notation
- Spark, Impala
- Python, Scala
- Jenkins, TeamCity, Git, Docker, etc.
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.