ENO-AVP - Java Full Stack Developer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- Be a part of Credit Suisse India Technology division
- A senior technical lead role based in Pune India to help in the delivery of strategic trading related applications.
- You will be part of our team that leads the platform
- An opportunity to work our team that consists of outstanding technology focused people working on critical application development.
- Design and implement highly scalable, adaptable and efficient software solutions while taking into account prevailing constraints and the future strategic direction of CS IT.
- A great opportunity learn about Private Banking, Wealth Management and Investment Banking business
The APAC Technology and Change organization is responsible for the engineering and support of technology solutions, implementation of change programs, and the associated change, design and data governance for the APAC Division. The organization includes APAC Private Banking (PB) IT and Global Markets (GM) IT. APAC PB IT provides digital capabilities and technology solutions for the APAC Private Banking business, delivering front to back aligned, high quality IT solutions and services to support the growth and profitability of the Bank, ensure compliance, drive efficiency and further reduce complexity and cost. Our Digital Private Bank was launched in Asia in 2015 and has won numerous accolades. We have been awarded the "Best Private Bank - Digital Experience" for the second consecutive year by Asian Private Banker applauding us for being "a true fintech pioneer in the private banking space" and for our attention to client experience and the platform's advanced functionalities.
A number of new and exciting projects have been initiated within APAC PB IT, enabling you to directly contribute to the success of the business. Naturally, project details are commercially-sensitive but all our projects exhibit the following common features:
- Significant engagement with product owners and user-interaction
- Technical autonomy and innovation
- Highly motivated and engaged development teams
- High quality and commercial benefits
As an agile application developer you will work together with business users and members of the development team to provide quality systems that improve efficiency, decrease operational risk, enable the business to expand and make users smile. These are high profile applications that offer you the opportunity to shape the future technical direction and take ownership for functional components.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support high quality systems.
- Become a strategic part of the CS business by building positive relationships with all business partners, understanding the challenges they face and using your technical expertise to deliver the systems we need.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner closely to deliver solutions and to build user-centric banking applications for use by Clients/Relationship Managers/Support functions around the world.
- Understand the different technology domains within the Bank and how the data across domains is interrelated.
- Constantly analyze and improve the performance and quality of the product and team.
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements.
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities.
- Expertise with Java or any other JVM-based language, SQL, RDBMS design and optimization
- Expertise with HTML5, CSS3, JUnit, TestNG or any other test framework
- Solid understanding of HTTP and (REST) API design
- Working knowledge of MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
We expect these qualifications and work experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or related field is preferred but not required.
- Significant work experience in commercial software development, full stack web frameworks and exposure to more recent technologies.
- Theoretical foundations as well as practical experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Real passion for and experience of Agile working practices like Scrum, with a strong dream to work with baked-in quality disciplines such as TDD, BDD, test automation and DevOps principles.
- Attested ability to work well in delivering complex systems in a dynamic changing environment.
- The ability to develop intuitive and robust user interfaces which improves user experience.
- Result oriented, hardworking and can work on own initiative and deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, and quality standards
We value these characteristics:
- Pragmatism- Deep understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. You also have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software.
- Completion Delivery- Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill from a big new idea comes when you see it working in the real world.
- Collaboration- Building software is primarily a social activity so you will play well with others. Determining the right thing for the team to do is not about winning a debate at all costs.
- Diversity- Value everyone's ideas, background, thoughts and culture.
- Curiosity- Like to learn. You continually, and deliberately, learn.
- Passion- Passionate about software, live and breathe software. It is not just a job, it is a way of life.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.