ENO_ PC Business Control
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank is trading activities.
A global function employing around 800 people, present in offices across EMEA, APAC and the Americas. Our crucial role is fulfilled by ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. We also conduct the independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios and work with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. Product Control also guards the banks trading activities via the provision of reliable and meaningful financial information provided to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents. Importantly, we also execute controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and raise in a timely manner to senior management.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Production of daily P&L for a number of trading books.
- Reconciliation between front office spreadsheets and the back office P&L Systems this reconciliation pertains to all P&L activity including valuation of Positions, cash balances, funding and provisions. These responsibilities require a good understanding of trade information process flows between different departments within the bank (Front Office, Operations and Financial Accounting Departments).
- Analyze, explain and validate P&L according to market moves, new trades and other influences.
- Manage all marketing and risk provisions on the books to ensure accurate P&L reporting. This involves understanding how these provision values are derived and how they affect the overall P&L.
- Where appropriate, act as Line representative on major change projects.
- Take ownership of any issues that arise from the day-to-day and monthly processes with a view to resolving these in an efficient and timely manner.
- Coordinate with Front office and other end users as to process development and other ad hoc queries.
- Reconciliation of general ledger.
- The Product Coverage: Equities, Bonds, Equity Swaps, Equity Derivatives
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- A Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- CFA or CPA qualification would be an advantage.
- A proven product control experience
- Auditing experience is an advantage.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills along with leadership skills, outstanding accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Excel.