IT Business Analyst
Our team supports and facilitates communications between a number of teams including Business, Change Management, Analysts, Designers and Developers across all areas of IT
- We perform Business analysis, Impact analysis, Gap analysis and System assessments on projects & produce high quality deliverables/ documentation for these phases.
- We prepare functional/technical specifications and work closely with developers/development teams to ensure that they understand the specifications and Deliver solutions to the business requirements.
- Collaboratively work on other projects in order to minimize re-work.
- We develop expertise on all components involved in the PC architecture globally and supply to Business process and IT process improvements
- Collaborate with business counterparts to understand and document business processes and data structures.
- Understand and document current application flows within the architecture.
- Quality of deliverables/documentation
- Fewer IT bugs/defects, timely project delivery
- Client feedback
- Assistance with scope definition if full requirement set cannot be delivered within a given timeframe.
- Present Specifications to the Component Development Teams and field queries raised by them
- Quality of work you're doing, positive responses (fewer bugs/defects in the Dev process; timely & successful delivery)
- Review the Design Models to verify requirements coverage, which are produced by the Development Teams
- Feedback from Dev leads/ teams
- Evidence of cross-stream projects/benefits. Building, updating & maintaining functional spec documents that are shared globally/ across streams.
- Active participation & contribution in global BA (& related) forums
- Identify and document changes to the application flows that will be necessary to support business requirements within the PCIT applications space & also the relevant upstream and downstream dependent applications/ processes
- Ensure all IT delivery conforms to CS Software Delivery Framework and standards
- You hold a Bachelors in Engineering / Technology / Finance
- You have 4 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- You have an MBA (Finance) would be desirable
- You have a structured IT Analysis or Programming experience gained in a transaction-processing/ Investment Banking environment or Quality assurance - manual testing experience.
- You have experience of writing/working with Technical Specifications.
- You have experienced in working closely with users / clients to elicit & facilitate requirements capturing process
- You have experiences of Structured Testing - test case/script preparation.
- You have experience of using structured modeling notation. (UML, DFD, Entity Relationship Diagrams)
- You are comfortable with Databases, SQL server and is adept in writing queries, working with tables, extracts
- Financial products knowledge - in the context of Investment Banking (IB) trading activities;
- You have deep understanding of Front-to-back trade flows in a typical IB environment.
- You have strong knowledge in Product Control Processes, specifically around Profit and Loss / Risk systems would be desirable
- You have superb interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- You are ambitious, dedicated and hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time