Java Application Support
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Enterprise Data Analytics Operations (EDA Ops) team is a strategic support/technology operations/DevOps team, established to provide L1/L2 Support, Environment Management and Technology Operational improvements for the EDA Components in Credit Suisse. EDA is Credit Suisse's strategic platform for risk management.
EDA Ops team is made up of highly talented individuals with years of industry experience and SME knowledge, that supports the EDA Development team, upstream/downstream teams, and the business users in APAC, EMEA and North America. The team supports the global Investment Bank's risk functions and as such have to provide global coverage and ensure production systems are kept highly available, 24 hours a day.
We support the Front Office, Middle Office, Quantitative Strategists, as well as Strategic Risk Management, Market & Credit Risk Officers and Product Control. The Components are new applications and are evolving at an incredible pace. As a result, the Operations team liaise with the development team on bug fixes, monitoring, deployment, environment management, and onboarding new projects and features to support. The development team are also global, with a strong presence in Wroclaw, London and New York.
The EDA Ops team collaborate very closely with other global Support teams such as FID Rates, Credit & EMG Risk, Equities as well as FID MDS Support who provide Market Data support to the Investment Bank.
- Daily interactions with EDA Ops & Development teams
- Handling of BAU issues, incident management, change management, monitoring, environment management and business continuity
- Analyse, document and interrogate system issues from both business and technology perspective.
- Suggest and drive forward resolution for system issues
- Continuously come up with and implement system improvements as well as automate manual work
- Liaise with business partners across various business and technology units including Product Controllers, Developers, Quality Analysts, Project Managers and Support Teams, to ensure successful delivery and onboarding of Technology projects.
- Provide effective updates to the Global Manager of the group
- Establish and drive the best methods for development groups in SRP for incorporating good approach in improving the system & components design
- Unix scripting knowledge
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- General understanding of financial data
- Ability to coordinate IT support activities across multiple applications.
- Ability to influence different peer groups.
- Proven track record in implementing and refining support processes.
- Ability to react appropriate to challenging situations (e.g. capable of managing production outages)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of Support in one of the Financial firms
- Strong interpersonal and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop or working knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of AWS/Cloud would be a plus
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.