Java Hadoop Developer, AVP
- We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- In our team, as a Senior Java developer you will be responsible for technical solutions delivery across all aspects of the development lifecycle of Regulatory Reporting
- Work extensively with the development team to seek opportunities to streamline/standardize Calculation engines and DataMart's across functional area, Act as the key technical expert in business process, Data flow and Application/organization Architecture setup
- Work with the business to understand the regulatory requirement and help define the solution
- Review requirements, prepare/contribute to design, lead delivery of projects and be a hand-on application developer, provide testing support and deployments to production
- Take ownership of the team's work, and closely work with vendor teams and ensuring that the team produces high quality work on timely basis; participate in design and code reviews
- Gain the relevant expert skill and provide level 3 production support
- Adhere to and help to refine the CS standards on development and architecture best practices for the team as a whole
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT domain in J2EE, Oracle and Data-warehousing and to work on Bigdata technologies.
- Has good coding experience in Core Java, Advanced Java (J2EE), PL-SQL. Java frameworks like Spring/Hibernate etc.
- Strong hands on experience in Apaache Hadopp, BigData technologies Impala and Kafka, MapR and preferably Certified Bigadata Developer
- Experience in working with in-memory java object caching, distributed caching
- Good knowledge of system architectures, design patterns should be able to design and develop
- Strong technical and functional background
- Experience of developing software for a large enterprise, including n-tier development
- Good leadership experience particularly in handling vendor teams, providing L3 support for the region
- Domain expertise in regulatory reporting and financial accounting
- Interaction with change teams, business users and PM/BA teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills at team, client and management levels
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle, agile practices and underlying processes
- Relevant investment banking experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and decision-making attitude
- Ambitious, dedicated who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards.